Atacx gym: Grasp of death variant

Yondanchris

Master Black Belt
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That belt looks good on you Prof! It looks like RDL is already ingrained within the IP of this tech?
and the natural position recognition from grasp of death to gripping talon.

Whats amazing is your practical knowledge of the attack alters the natural flow
of the technique into something functional. Its something Clark and I have been
talking about the PREFIX of the technique is the method and means of the attack
which determines our response, "so the attitude so the response"

Chris

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hand full of testicles! Something about the way you say that makes me laugh every time. Really well done. I have one minor critique: on the standing versions you turn the head up and away to then turn the head right back in the other direction. Why not just turn your head into him from the start? You can create leverage with the forehead. Or better yet, you can "take a bite out of crime" like you do on the ground version. Everything else is good.

OP
ATACX GYM

ATACX GYM

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hand full of testicles! Something about the way you say that makes me laugh every time. Really well done. I have one minor critique: on the standing versions you turn the head up and away to then turn the head right back in the other direction. Why not just turn your head into him from the start? You can create leverage with the forehead. Or better yet, you can "take a bite out of crime" like you do on the ground version. Everything else is good.

LOLOL glad you liked it,Josh! And yeah you're right...I actually teach the "seatbelt" of the far limb and biting the near side when safety and hygiene concerns permit (some people you don't wanna be NEAR to,much LESS bite.You already know what I mean),but I found that when you're yoked ( old skool street slang for "headlock") by some big really strong guy? Turning your head away (WITH YOUR CHIN DOWN SO YOU DON'T GET CHOKED) helps create more space to escape...and take a chomp out of his forearm.They hate getting chomped on their forearm.And that really sets them up for both the front punch to the nads (you'll see it on part 2) followed by the dreaded rear hand full of testicles torture. For some reason,the second version didn't load so I couldn't show the front and rear groin strikes,the rear leg step through,my basic response to somebody who manages to stop your headlock escape,and the slow motion then full power expression of this tech.

OP
ATACX GYM

ATACX GYM

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
That belt looks good on you Prof! It looks like RDL is already ingrained within the IP of this tech?
and the natural position recognition from grasp of death to gripping talon.

Whats amazing is your practical knowledge of the attack alters the natural flow
of the technique into something functional. Its something Clark and I have been
talking about the PREFIX of the technique is the method and means of the attack
which determines our response, "so the attitude so the response"

Chris

Chris,your perceptive criticism and wonderful words of support are deeply,deeply appreciated my brother! Look forward to working with you soon man.Tell my manz Clark I said whassup!

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
LOLOL glad you liked it,Josh! And yeah you're right...I actually teach the "seatbelt" of the far limb and biting the near side when safety and hygiene concerns permit (some people you don't wanna be NEAR to,much LESS bite.You already know what I mean),but I found that when you're yoked ( old skool street slang for "headlock") by some big really strong guy? Turning your head away (WITH YOUR CHIN DOWN SO YOU DON'T GET CHOKED) helps create more space to escape...and take a chomp out of his forearm.They hate getting chomped on their forearm.And that really sets them up for both the front punch to the nads (you'll see it on part 2) followed by the dreaded rear hand full of testicles torture. For some reason,the second version didn't load so I couldn't show the front and rear groin strikes,the rear leg step through,my basic response to somebody who manages to stop your headlock escape,and the slow motion then full power expression of this tech.
Good point. Me, I'm just a fat kid lookin for a meal!

Latest Discussions