Anyone seen the pursuit of happyness?

bcbernam777

Brown Belt
Reaction score
What did you think?

I actually thought it was quite a stirring movie, although i found parts of will smiths portrayl a little too sterile for my tastes. Chris Gardner what an inspiration

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
If it's real depressing, I won't watch it. For one, I don't like crying in public- believe me, I can cry! Another- I wear contact lenses, and they'll only float off into the corners of my eyes...

OP
bcbernam777

bcbernam777

Brown Belt
Reaction score
If it's real depressing, I won't watch it. For one, I don't like crying in public- believe me, I can cry! Another- I wear contact lenses, and they'll only float off into the corners of my eyes...

It is depressing in parts and will bring a tear to the eye so probaly not for you

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh, I'll probably wind up renting it when it comes out on video. Thanks for the warning!

wee_blondie

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Think my tearducts must be defunct - dry eyes the whole way through. Although the guy went through a lot and I commend his courage; that film just isn't for me. Fell asleep at the end......says it all doesn't it???!

kenpo0324

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Think my tearducts must be defunct - dry eyes the whole way through. Although the guy went through a lot and I commend his courage; that film just isn't for me. Fell asleep at the end......says it all doesn't it???!

I agree,

OP
bcbernam777

bcbernam777

Brown Belt
Reaction score

The film itself did tend to drag out somewhat, and the ending, well you know what was coming, one good thing is that it didn't get too clichey if you know wha I mean. I did cry at the end, but what can I say, I cried whten ET went home, so I guess that doesn't say much. ;)

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
The film itself did tend to drag out somewhat, and the ending, well you know what was coming, one good thing is that it didn't get too clichey if you know wha I mean. I did cry at the end, but what can I say, I cried whten ET went home, so I guess that doesn't say much. ;)

Like I said, I might rent it. I also cried at the end of ET when I was 6. So maybe it isn't as big of a tear- jerker as it appears... I just don't like long, drawn out movies, either. It's a toss- up. I guess it's either rent it, or watch it on a movie channel.