Any tips for stretching??

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I worked on leg stretching machines. They have a tendency to overstretch the knee joint ligaments. I had alot of knee pain from that and took some undoing. Tried it for two years though. Most of my gains was isometrics and muscle strengthening. Almost down both ways, still working on it. TW

OP
O

Oak Bo

nekoTKD said:
Cool. Do you think there are any machines I should focus on at the gym too? They have a whole lot of leg machines that I never really look at.

Thanks for the tips everyone,

Brandon
Hi Brandon,

You should stay away from the machines IMO, you're just asking for trouble with those. If you want to do deadlifts or squats that would be different, those would help you IMO.

If you work your dynamic stretches 5 days a week at least once, and work you iso stretches twice a week-at least pretty hard one of those days- your stretching will improve a lot in a very short time.

Splits aren't really that hard to do but like any other skill you work on, it just takes time, patience, and persistence.

OP
N

nekoTKD

So stay away from the machines... cool. I haven't gone to the gym for a bit, so I'll start that back up. Yep squats and dls are great for the legs, and used to be a big part of my routine.

Later,

Brandon

Kamaria Annina

Green Belt
Reaction score
Try force stretching. That's where someone NICELY stretches you. Make sure you and your partner are working together as to not pull any muscles. By doing this every once in a while, you'll definately see improvements.

Blooming Lotus

Purple Belt
Reaction score
nekoTKD said:
Cool. Do you think there are any machines I should focus on at the gym too? They have a whole lot of leg machines that I never really look at.

Thanks for the tips everyone,

Brandon
AS long as you remember to warm up and strech well to cool down, I think adding some weighted pulleyd inside and outside leg cross-overs ( like on a tri extension pulley ) at various foot angles would get in there and strengthen both your muscles , tendons and ligaments. Even do it in slight a lean of your torso in the concentric part of the movement to add flexibility and strngth to your hip - thigh connective tissues.

let us know your progress

cheers

BL

Latest Discussions