Any good dvds/books on hsing I/ xing yi?

Blitz2.0

White Belt
Reaction score
Just wondering if you guys know of any good books or dvds on hsing i. I've read about it in kung fu magazines online and would like to see it in action and see if I could add some of it to my jkd. Thanks

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Without getting into the discussion about whether you can learn from a book or dvd, I would point you to Sifu Mike Patterson. He sells dvds on hsing i and baqua and he is legit.

OP
B

Blitz2.0

White Belt
Reaction score
Without getting into the discussion about whether you can learn from a book or dvd, I would point you to Sifu Mike Patterson. He sells dvds on hsing i and baqua and he is legit.
Thanks!

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
see if I could add some of it to my jkd.
The human body is like 3 separate springs. Without training, each spring will function independently. With training, all 3 springs can be compressed at the same time, also can be released at the same time.

If you can coordinate your punch with leading foot landing (coordinate hand with foot), you have brought XingYi into your JKD.

You may also look into Xing Yi Liu He.

Last edited:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Just wondering if you guys know of any good books or dvds on hsing i. I've read about it in kung fu magazines online and would like to see it in action and see if I could add some of it to my jkd. Thanks

Second any video by Hai Yang

>Any book by Di Guoyong, his videos are not bad either
>If you can get videos of Zhou Xuan Yun, he is amazing, but has few videos
>Any of the Xingyiquan (book) translations you can get at Plum Publications
>Xingyiquan: Theory, Applications, Fighting Tactics and Spirit by Liang Shouyu (his video is good as well)
>Li Tianji's The Skill of Xingyiquan
>The Xingyi Boxing Manual, Revised and Expanded Edition by Jin Yunting
>Xing Yi Quan Xue : The Study of Form-Mind Boxing by Sun Lutang
>Xing Yi Nei Gong: Xing Yi Health Maintenance and Internal Strength Development by Dan Miller and TIm Cartmell

I currently have on my desk to read, "Xing Yi Quan Art of Inner transformation by Tom Bisio"

And I did a little Jeet Kune Do, did a lot more Xingyiquan, there are more similarities between the two that most want to admit. Also had one of my JKD teachers take a XIngyiquan kick I showed him to use in his JKD

Latest Discussions