Anti-takedown techniques using internal energy

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the best things about fraternizing with many excellent martial artists is I get sent really cool memes that actually make sense, like this simple explanation of "internal".

Now, did CMC actually say this somewhere?

Is the Yang Family TCC Mafia going to show up? Self quarantining, so I've got some time on my hands.

View attachment 28449
As it is with many Martial Arts........if taught or grasped. "when the hands move the feet move."

Oily Dragon

Master of Arts
Reaction score
According to Waysun Liao (The Essence of T'ai Chi, Shambala, 1995), CMC told his students that he had a dream in which he had no arms or legs. After that dream, "his practice improved and his ch'i flowed smoothly." (p. 58)

Yanli

Green Belt
Reaction score
Can the methods shown below really work outside of sparring, in a competitive fight or self-defense situation?

That technique can work in a real fight situation, however, that situation will only arise when a opponent finds his hands or feet do not or has not been working against you. In other words, you will get idiots that will charge you because they feel they have no other choice. I say idiot, because when a person charges you, they leave so much of themselves open to so many counters, however, the person doing the bear claw leaves themselves open to many counters as well lol.

zzj

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Can the methods shown below really work outside of sparring, in a competitive fight or self-defense situation?
Ignore the judo video, the judo guy was told to go easy and the whole clip was produced in that propaganda-ish fashion that still happens in China.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ignore the judo video, the judo guy was told to go easy and the whole clip was produced in that propaganda-ish fashion that still happens in China.

Yeah. I have been trying to find the karate kickboxing guy who did one. That makes that point super obvious.

Latest Discussions