Aiki News Magazine

vince1

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find and purchase the magazine that is discontinued Aiki News.

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Aiki News went on-line as Aikido Journal back in 1994. I've no idea who may have saved back issues, but as that was 24 years ago, there probably aren't many around. It is my understanding that Aikido Journal is in a bit of flux since Stan Prannin, creator of Aiki News and Aikido Journal, passed away last year. However, the journal is still alive and kicking, so you may have some luck finding back issues by going there and asking.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aiki News went on-line as Aikido Journal back in 1994. I've no idea who may have saved back issues, but as that was 24 years ago, there probably aren't many around. It is my understanding that Aikido Journal is in a bit of flux since Stan Prannin, creator of Aiki News and Aikido Journal, passed away last year. However, the journal is still alive and kicking, so you may have some luck finding back issues by going there and asking.
You are correct that AJ is going through some changes. I've been half-following their goings on, and they seem to be getting settled into their new approach.

OP
V

vince1

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I did email AJ yesterday asking about back issues but yet to receive a reply. Currently my teacher is loaning issues to me but would like to start my own library.

OP
V

vince1

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Aiki Journal did reply back explaining that they do not have old copies of Aiki News magazines. However they may in the future put past archived issues on pdf to be sold to the public.

Latest Discussions