A proud day...

jetboatdeath

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I took my 9 year old daughter to the range yesterday, I bought her a .22 lr two weeks ago and she has been itching to shoot it. Her mom however says she can not until she takes the safety course. Well we were at the range and she asked me if she could take a shot, I said yea go ahead, she went up to the bench and I was kneeled down behind her giving her tips, I told her not to touch the trigger until she was ready to fire the shot…. After a few minutes she looked up at me and said she did not want to take the shot. I said ok no problem, and she went and sat down. I took a few more shots and I look back and tears are streaming down her face. I unload the rifle and open the bolt and go and speak to her… I asked her if she was scared….nope… is it to loud (others at the range) nope….
Well what is it then are you ok….
Yea I am ok dad I just want to shoot a clean target……LOL I almost cried….

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
Taught our oldest daughter to shoot a 22 when she was 9, too. A bright summer day. Both of us had a memorable time.... as did our younger boy who learned that firing a 1945 Russian Moisin carbine in real life is a bit rougher than on a video game.

OP
J

jetboatdeath

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Yea them mossins pack a punch .... i need one.... you know i got her a Romanian M-69 .22LR Training Rifle. All for the price of 50.00. That is one fine shooting rifle. I am getting one for myself soon. I would go as far to say it shoots better than a 10/22 out of the box.....

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
My daughter learned on a modified 10/22 on that summer day. On the same day, our then 15 year old son got the lesson on a Moisin's recoil. He'd been using one on a video game of his, so I offered some shots with the real thing. This was a 1945 Tula Arsenal product. The various makes are still very plentiful.

Latest Discussions