A Fix For The Hand-Crusher Handshake

crazydiamond

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I have a pretty weak normal handshake for a big guy..but this one time an older guy, must have thought I needed to have a very firm handshake from him ...all I remember is this instant response (muscle memory?) maybe something in me like "oh - firm handshake!" and I squeezed back firm and hurt him. I did not think it was hard - just firm from my view, but then I use "Captains of Crush" grippers in my training. He complained and kept his hand in his pocket for a while as we talked. I felt really bad. Thanks for this tip.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I took some pics to show the technique I mentioned earlier in this thread. But not being very bright and having poor camera skills - can't tell a damn thing by the bad angle I used.

I'll take them again from the proper angle next week. Aren't you guys glad I don't drive an ambulance? People would be dying of old age by the time I got there.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I hope I can explain this properly, because it works. Period.

This is the point you're looking for. Takes some practice to get it.
opp9ud.jpg

You are shaking hands and the person puts on that killer crunch handshake. Not a strong handshake, but a bully handshake, one that's going to injure your hand.

Extend your thumb...
25ksox5.jpg

Immediately grab it with your other hand, extending your index finger like so.
t9jfde.jpg

You are placing the point of the finger joint on the point on his hand shown in the first image.

Rotate your noogie joint downwards toward the floor (strongly), while also bending your extended thumb towards the floor,
33kyixl.jpg

while also slightly bending at your waist. He's going to want to lower his hand, but you ain't going to let him. He'll go to his knees. Or to his belly if you want him too.

Like any other technique, it takes repetitive practice. But once you have it, you have it. It doesn't matter how big he is, how strong he is or how strong he thinks his hand is. Honest.

Kenpoguy123

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Want to know my way of stopping someone crushing my hand? Use the other hand to punch them in the face...kidding sort of of lol but yeah it is a good defence for it

Latest Discussions