a collage for martial arts

TallAdam85

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
ever think they need a collage for martial arts so they can teach teachers how to run a school and also so they can get to learn more about owning a school.

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think you mean a COLLEGE for martial artists. A collage would be nice too. I personally like the one that is on the MartialTalk.com homepage.

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
:lol: Indeed!

I agree with Tall Adam. An institution for advanced learning and other specialty stuff pertaining to the arts. Good idea.

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think organizations like Krav Maga and some of the NAPMA type 'martial arts business model' companies give members access to instructor training. I don't remember which one I was skimming through (you can check the School management thread and find the different companies - I imagine they would all have some kind of training program) had materials like video/DVD and manuels and even seminar schedules on instructor training that was designed by degreed educational instruction people. Might be worth looking into.

ANY kind of instructor training will be helpful. Yoga/Fitness, Group exercise certifications, Phys Ed degree program (or an ed psych program/class of any kind) would be helpful. All you really have to do is take the idea of planning, teaching lessons, assessing the quality and developing your own philosophy of what teaching is and what you want to pass on....wait maybe it isn't a case of "all you have to do"... Sorry. It is a lot, but worth it. Like martial arts training can do, instructional/educational training can really be a personal growth thing too.

I think some colleges offer Philosophy degrees that are "martial arts" concentrations but they don't stress educational/instructional skills in programs like that.

Latest Discussions