Higgs is Dead

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Peter Ware Higgs who proposed the existence of a particle/field that gives matter it’s mass (later referred to as the Higgs boson) has died aged 94.

I was picking up a sword from a friend in Edinburgh in 2017 after he’d brought it over from Japan. The place he told me to park was around the corner from his mother’s house. While I was waiting, I noticed a ‘blue plaque’ on a building. I was curious to see whom it celebrated…I was thrilled since he was a mass-ive intellect 😉
9B85F4AB-43DF-4EC9-8FCA-1FCA8F4ED49C.jpeg

001C1EC5-818A-446B-982D-8AD0A7CDD682.jpeg

Doesn't those cables hanging in a ropes next to such a sign seems seem slightly disgraceful - "installed by Higgs in 1929" ?

Peter Ware Higgs who proposed the existence of a particle/field that gives matter it’s mass (later referred to as the Higgs boson) has died aged 94.

I was picking up a sword from a friend in Edinburgh in 2017 after he’d brought it over from Japan. The place he told me to park was around the corner from his mother’s house. While I was waiting, I noticed a ‘blue plaque’ on a building. I was curious to see whom it celebrated…I was thrilled since he was a mass-ive intellect 😉
View attachment 30922

View attachment 30923
Very cool!

Doesn't those cables hanging in a ropes next to such a sign seems seem slightly disgraceful - "installed by Higgs in 1929" ?
Well, it’s probably somebody’s private home so they can do what they want and most building in central Edinburgh are listed so you can’t modify them by drilling holes etc to feed the cable through 🤷🏽‍♂️ Anyway, have you seen all the wires hanging out of the large hadron collider? 😳

Latest Discussions

Back