Zansekai-Ninjutsu Budokan

T

TLH3rdDan

hi guys im new to this forum always been interested in Ninpo can anyone give me any information on Zansekai-Ninjutsu???? any help info would be helpful

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by TLH3rdDan

hi guys im new to this forum always been interested in Ninpo can anyone give me any information on Zansekai-Ninjutsu???? any help info would be helpful

Jaaaay...oh JAaaaay!

:D

Cthulhu

Jay Bell

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've honestly never heard of it before. I will say that it is not a traditional Japanese style of Ninjutsu

OP
J

John Bridges

Well part of what was said on that web page pops right out at me as somthing that is foolish, that being the statement that traditional arts outlive there usefulness and can no longer be applied in todays world. In my perception the martial art dosen't need to change if it's worked oved a thousand years, the participants view has to change. To concentrate soley on the technique seems like a huge waste to me as i can't imagine any situation where the technique will work out perfectly, it's the concpet thats important (at least in my point of view) since once the idea is understood the technique can be adapted to fit the problem. To me this seems like another guy who studied breifly in an few arts and decited he knows it well enough to make money and give it a new name, I would be wary but i'm wary of lots of things. To each there own. :asian:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by John Bridges

Well part of what was said on that web page pops right out at me as somthing that is foolish, that being the statement that traditional arts outlive there usefulness and can no longer be applied in todays world.

I understand your point about the concept not the [/I]technique[/I], but it's also worth remembering that, for example, some systems of jujutsu were intended to be used by two samurai in armour who were apt to have edged weapons and the intention was to control the right hand so your opponent couldn't draw. There were also seiza techniques. Yes, one could extract the principles but it's a long road!

Overall I agree with you though--the principles are the same and can be modified/interpreted for today.

OP
J

John Bridges

This is a good point, but i've found armored techniques (sp) are really useful in the winter time with big poofy parkas and such, and as far as weapons I think most of that can be easily adapted to fit a bat or stick, or to stop a pitol from being drawn. I think it really comes down to thinking more broadly about the theory than the set kata.... does this make any since? Forgive me I ramble often, I have a dog...see there I go agian! :D

Latest Discussions