• Racial Affiliation

• Effectiveness

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
D

Disco

Welcome sports fan for the rematch - live simulcast on cable.

In the blue corner, representing tradition - RyuuuuShaaaKaahhn
woo, woo, woo. yea, you go man..............

In the Red corner, representing westernazation - MyyyyaaRyyyyuJitssssuuu woo.woo,woo, yea, oh boy!

Now to the center of the ring as we listen to the ref's instructions

"Ok gentlemen, lets have a clean debate. No inuendo's, no nasty name calling, no cursing or vulgarity. Shake hands and at the bell, well you know............

And now a word from our sponser, Dr Nicks rectal reformation clinic............................:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

OP
A

A.R.K.

No inuendo's, no nasty name calling, no cursing or vulgarity

Well that pretty much cuts RyuShiKan off at the knees....:D

OP
A

A.R.K.

http://www.geocities.com/iukfindia/uechiryuhistory.htm

The roots of Uechi Ryu were discovered in the late 1800's in Southern China by Kanbun Uechi It was taught to him by Zho-Zi-He in the Fukien Province. It was then known as Pangainoon Kempo. it means half hard/ half soft fist-way There were only 3 kata. Sanchin,Seisan, and Sanseirui .Kata is a combination of moves done by one person to simulate fighting . The Sanchin kata, although the most basic, is the foundation of Uechi Ryu In 1911, on June 26th, Kanei Uechi was born . He broadened the range of Pangainoon Kempo and in 1940.It was renamed Uechi Ryu Karate Do

http://www.alandollar.com/uechi/hist_kanei.htm

Toward this end Kanei and other senior Uechi ryu practitioners created four new kata between 1954 and 1958. These were to be used as steppingstones between the three kata that Kanbun Uechi brought from China.

http://users.adelphia.net/~axxmann/aboutuechi.html

Master Kanbun Uechi, from Okinawa, traveled to China in 1897 to avoid conscription in the invading (Japanese) army. He spent 10 years studying Pangainoon under Sifu Shushiwa. There are 3 basic forms (kata) that Master Uechi brought from China... Sanchin, Seisan and Sanseiryu

http://members.shaw.ca/wwhitefield/history.html

In February of 1910, Kanbun returned to Izumi and took up life as a peasant farmer. On June 26, 1911, Kanei Uechi, Kanbun’s eldest son was born. Due to economic reasons Kanbun left Okinawa in 1924 for Kansai, Japan and began working in a cotton mill. Here he met Ryuyu Tomoyose, who with great determination convinced Kanbun to teach him Pangainoon. In 1926 Kanbun, with the assistance of Ryuyu, opened a school in the cotton mill complex where he taught portions of three katas (Sanchin, Seisan, and Sanseiryu) as well as forearm conditioning (Kotekitae) to a select group of students.

http://www.angelfire.com/oh/MARKUSWOLFUS/Karate.html

The roots of Uechi Ryu were discovered in the late 1800's in Southern China by Kanbun Uechi (May 5th 1877- February 1991). It was taught to him by Zho-Zi-He (Zo-Zee-Hey)in the Fukien Province. It was then known as Pangainoon Kempo (paun-gay-noon)(and it's kempo, not kenpo). Loosly translated it means half hard/ half soft fist-way. There were only 3 kata. Sanchin, Seisan, and Sanseirui. Kata is a combination of moves done by one person to simulate fighting. The Sanchin kata, although the most basic, is the foundation of Uechi Ryu.

http://www.dragonslist.com/articles/styles/?id=57

This style has 3 forms, they are, Sanchin, Seisan and Sanseiryu. It is said that to understand Sanchin you turn to Seisan, to understand Seisan you turn to Sanseiryu and to understand Sanseiryu you turn to Sanchin. The backbone of this style is Sanchin. This style is based on the movements of the Tiger, The Crane and the Dragon. Uechi-Ryu Karate Do is based on this style.

Just a partial list of what is out there. :asian:

OP
D

Disco

Judges score cards. First round was 10 / 9 on points to Mya.

OP
A

A.R.K.

Well, I'm not worried about scoring points. Ryu is entitled to his viewpoint and he can stand by his research. But he needs to realize that everyone else can hold to their own viewpoint and their research may vary. Respecting others opinions and input is a sign of maturity. In my decades of training in Pangainoon, in all of my research, in all of my contacts with Pangainoon/Uechi practitioners only three katas have ever been discussed.

I don't have a problem with Ryu claiming to have a book that mentions a fourth kata. Nor does it effect what I have learned or in anyway take away from my training. But as I've said, three seems to be the number that is common in every source that I have had the opportunity to be exposed to.

If Ryu wishes to once again go the inuendo/slander route based on 3 vs 4....whatever :rolleyes: He has no firsthand knowledge of me, or my training, or my skill or abilities. And to be honest, I have no use for someone that carries on in this manner. There are three fellow posters here that do know me personally and have stood up for me here. And they have my thanks :)

So if someone who doesn't know me, doesn't know my training or credentials whats to run off at the mouth over one supposed kata :rolleyes:

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Pardon my pet peeve, but...

Innuendo means: an indirect or subtle, usually derogatory implication in expression; an insinuation.

RSK has never been subtle about his commentary.

OP
D

Disco

Fellow Martial Artists. my post(s) were/are an attempt to try to defuse a reoccurance of a past conflict that created a problem. I am not trying to enflame, only trying to be humorous. In my estimation, both parties have valid opinions and viewpoints. In all honesty, there is no way (that I am aware of), that the information and statements of history etc. can be verified to the full acceptance of all concerned. In truth, I personally don't have the time or the need to research to validate either party. I perfer to accept each persons integrity. For all parties concerned, remember the saying; "You can't judge a book by it's cover". Both gentlemen give me the impression of being serious practicioners of the Martial Arts and very knowledgeable about lineage. Surely there must/should be a way to so call "bury the hatchet".

There are many, many styles in the world today. I will quote a saying, don't remember who said it originally, "There are no bad Martial Arts, just bad Martial Artists".

With Respect for all.......:asian: :asian:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've always heard that there were three original kata brought from China: Sanchin, Seisan and Sanseiryu. Four others were made after the founder's death and one was basically the founder's favorite techniques--I don't know to what extent he made it up and to what extent it was completed after his death from his favorites.

I hadn't heard before that there was a fourth form that he didn't learn but that was nonetheless considered part of the system.

The place to ask is here.

OP
R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by moromoro
i will ask it again is mya Ryu jutsu a new or old martial art?????

It is a new one that is supposed to “sound” Asian….possibly Japanese……I am guessing.
Although it means nothing in Japanese.

OP
R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by Mya Ryu Jitsu
Whatever :rolleyes:

Sounds like someone pee'd in your wheaties so your looking to rehash old issues.

I didn’t bring it up…….but I believe you did.
It has three kata [although Ryu believes the number is four

I have an 8th Dan in Pangainoon. It was awarded by by Sensei in Pangainoon.

Will we ever get to know the name of this mystery sensei?

It is recognized by my current Sensei and several organizations. It is real and valid to me and my peers. It is real and valid to my associates. It is real and valid to the organizations I wish to associate with.

And everyone in prison believes they are innocent.
The organizations you mentioned previously are bogus.
Especially the one that you claim is in Kobe, Japan where one of your ilk is supposed to have sent the paper work for your Soke title.

If you don't like it...I don't care. If you don't recognize it...I don't care.

You obviously do since you write paragraph upon paragraph defending yourself.

You have absolutely no firsthand knowledge about me, therefore any negative remarks or slanders you make are without basis in fact.

All we have to go in is what you say in your posts here.
Which to date have been less than candid about your teachers, your training etc.
In fact all I have seen in the place of any real answers to questions asked of you are evasive answers/comments about your personal life…………
I and others can only judge you on what you put forth here…….

It still curious as to how someone can get an 8th dan in an Okinawan system…….which is a pretty high rank…….and never have been tested by the current head master of the system………..

OP
R

RyuShiKan

Pangainoon as taught by Shu Shi Wa (Uechi Kanbun’s teacher) does have 4 kata. It was also noted that Uechi Kanbun didn’t have time to learn the “4th” kata for some reason.
Uechi ryu might not………I think they have 6.
Sanseiru, sanchin, sesan, kanchin, kanshiwa, kanshu (also known as dai ni seisan)

As for “book” learning……..I have nothing against learning things from books, some pretty smart people have learned from books. Actually I trust book learnin’ more than Internet learnin’
Since Mark Bishop spent 10 years interviewing, researching and compiling information for his book while actually living and training in Okinawa from some of the most respected Karate men I see no reason why he should just pull the bit of information out of thin air.

OP
R

RyuShiKan

so the soke has ranked himself to tenth dan i guess.....

No I think some of his friends gave him that rank.......but who knows......

and is he Japanese?

Not that I have noticed. If he is he has a very poor command of his own language.

OP
M

Master of Blades

MRJ and RSK,

To be honest I doubt either of you is gonna get what you want here. You've done this ALL before and its not needed. I'm not a mod or anything but I would suggest leaving it here before we really do have another session of MRJ VS RSK (Very funny Disco :lol: ) cuz it really aint worth the hassle :asian:

If on the off chance you dont listen to me then at least make it a good fight *Gets popcorn* :rolleyes:

OP
R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by Master of Blades
MRJ and RSK,

To be honest I doubt either of you is gonna get what you want here. You've done this ALL before and its not needed. I'm not a mod or anything but I would suggest leaving it here before we really do have another session of MRJ VS RSK (Very funny Disco :lol: ) cuz it really aint worth the hassle :asian:

If on the off chance you dont listen to me then at least make it a good fight *Gets popcorn* :rolleyes:

You're right, Shultz (aka Mya Ryu Jitu) isn’t worth the hassle.

There will sadly always be people in the MA world that lay claim to rank they never earned, from places that don’t exist or are extremely dubious.
And there is nothing I nor anyone else can do about it.
Bogus is as bogus claims I guess.:rolleyes:

On a more positive note it is good that we have people like Mark Bishop, Pat McCarthy, Mike Clarke etc…..that have lived and trained extensively in Japan/Okinawa and have researched/written about what they have discovered.

DAC..florida

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Not like what I have to say is going to change anyones mind on how they feel about MRJ, But here it is anyway.

I have training in TKD since I was 7 years old, Im not saying this to toot my own horn but I have been to a couple dojo's and trained with different instructors and I can honestly say that I have learned more useful techniques with MRJ than in TKD, I love both styles and Im here to tell you that MRJ knows his stuff and knows how to teach it!
There are many students of MRJ that have different backgrounds and come to our Dojo to become a more well rounded MA's. None of these students or any other student of MRJ have had any complaints and its not because they dont know any better, because many of them have previouse training in other style's.
Our dojo caters to the law enforcement and security personel, we also have many military people and again no complaints, maybe its just me but I think it is really aragent for someone who has never met a person or trained with them to talk smack, I would never disrespect anyone or talk smack about them unless I not only knew that it was true but also had evidence to prove it!

:asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian:

Thats just my opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by DAC..florida
None of these students or any other student of MRJ have had any complaints and its not because they dont know any better, because many of them have previouse training in other style's. Our dojo caters to the law enforcement and security personel, we also have many military people and again no complaints,

Gee I am surrounded by several thousand military personnel all day that study some of the most ridiculous arts ever to come down the Pike…….and they don’t complain either.
Ignorance is bliss I guess……

Originally posted by DAC..florida
maybe its just me but I think it is really aragent for someone who has never met a person or trained with them to talk smack, I would never disrespect anyone or talk smack about them unless I not only knew that it was true but also had evidence to prove it!

I can’t recall ever commenting on his technical skills (which I could careless about ) on this board or any other………I do recall commenting on Mya Ryu Jitu’s use of the Japanese Language which he has no skill in, I do recall commenting on Mya Ryu Jitu’s claims to rank and his refusing to answer where and from whom he got such rank, I do recall commenting on Mya Ryu Jitu’s claim that he studied a style he claimed was alive and well in Okainwa but doesn’t exist.
Mya Ryu Jitu has shown nothing but deception when questioned about where he got his rank and from whom.
If I were to claim an 8th dan in Kyokushin you can bet your sweet bippy there would be people asking me from whom and from which Kyokushin group (there are several now) I got it from.
What makes Mya Ryu Jitu beyond reproach?
If he were to say he got ranked from Kinjo Takashi or Itokazu Seiko (present heads of Pangainoon) in Okinawa I would say great, but since Pangainoon has such a small following outside of Okinawa I am suspicious of anyone claiming EXTREMELY HIGH rank in that art.
This coupled with his less than candid answers make people suspicious of his credentials and therefore make some of his comments lack credibility.

Let’s say I claimed to be a brain surgeon.
You ask me a question about it….I give you page after page of everything but an answer to your question. You ask me where I went to school, again I give you page after page of everything but an answer to your question. Doesn’t lend much confidence as to my knowledge about the subject does it?

Status
Not open for further replies.