Your school website...

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thought it might be interesting to see and hear about other schools' websites and experiences with their websites.

Please post a link to your website and a quick tid-bit about what your website has done for your school or organization. And maybe include some feedback on the last website link posted.

We have 3 websites (all are in my signature). They are all basically the same to make things easy to update. We have seen a tremendous increase in new student traffic over the past 3 years because of the internet. It is a very cheap, but effective, marketing tool. We have also found it to be a great communication tool.

Thanks in advance!

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
right now the website is pretty much the only advertising we do. Not even a "proper" phone number in the yellow pages. Works great for bringing in adults, not so much for bringing in kids.

http://innovativema.ca

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The website where I train is WWW.KICKINFUN.COM . I think the name chases away adults but they are quite successful. The parents see Kenpo and eventualy join themselves so even our adult program is taking off. We our a new school and I am very proud to be a part of it.
Sean

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
www.sikaran.net

We get mail from around the world because of this site and it has helped expose Sikaran to many who had never heard of the art before

We get hits from around 22 countrys every month

Monadnock

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
This is my site, but we are not for profit and generally enroll through word of mouth. For commercial schools, the web is a great tool, so I doubt I am giving anybody any great ideas wit my site but I generally just use email and phone for dojo communications.

www.monadnockdojo.com

When I taught in my rented space, I had more content on the website, including schedules, a forum, info on the classes, etc. But now that it is off the ground, I do very little advertising.

Eternal Beginner

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Our website is www.mundurucabjj.com . It doesn't bring in many students but it is a great way to get info out about the events we sponsor. It is much easier to send people to a link rather than always having to email them rules, dates, details.

Our students tend to come in because of good word of mouth and community visibility through sponsoring tournaments, professional fighters on cards and media coverage rather than internet searches.

The site isn't anything great yet, more a of a stopgap measure until the webdesigner we have gets the full and complete site with all of our pro-fighters, events, records, results, etc. up. It was done by one really great student who felt everyone's life would be made easier with a central repository for school news.

kempo-vjj

Orange Belt
Reaction score
this is my new schools website. My other instructor retired, so I had to find his instructor to continue on similiar training. Ok web site. Same as other posts there is not a phone number in the phonebook, so not so easy for parents of children to find. Not much FMA here. We do little of everything.

sadiqkalisilat.com

born_fighting

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
My schools website has had lots of good feedback, we get people walking in the door telling us they checked it out and that made them come in. I think it's a bit Arcaick but my sensi seems to think it's good. lol it's at www.houseofkenpokarate.com right now myself and another seniour belt are going to produce a cool intro to kenpo vidio. a real cool demo vid that show the practical application, some kick boxing, some forms some freestyle fighting and lots more, it's gonna be about 5 min and put to music. i think it will boost our hits to the sight and mabie even get a few new students. what do you think?

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Matt.m,

Not sure if you are in charge of them, but one minor suggestion would be a darker font on the second site. And less colors of font as well, maybe 2 at most, one for headers and one for text, preferably pretty similar colors. The light colors and the abundance of colors are not the easiest on the eyes ;)

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
oh yeah, thanks dude.

I told the same thing to the webmaster over the weekend when I saw her.

I do like your feedback though thank you.

Latest Discussions