Your Favortite Gift

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok...the wrapping paper is off! What's your favorite gift? No "just being with my family/friends"..."the smiles on my kids faces"...answers. What did YOU get that you love? :D

For me, it was some perfume that I wanted and a nice warm coat for the Chicago winters.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
A pair of thermals (for those cold TAG caves :D ) and some nice shirts.

oh and a Martial Arts DVD "The Collectors" from Ceicei and family :D :D :partyon:

Thnaks Ceicei (me hugging the whole family)

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A weekend Aikido seminar in January, with instructors from various styles. What could be better than waking up early and getting thrown around all weekend?

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As an amateur chef, I had two favorites: a 6 qt. travel crockpot, and a nice set of Farberware knives. They're not Henckels, but they're pretty sweet.

Ping898

Senior Master
Reaction score
for my favorites....
Shellcoder's Handbook and a high powered blender for me to make my smoothies with every morning

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well I bought myself the H&K USP 9mm so the nice Universal Gun Cleaing Kit and Universal Patches, just means I will have to go shopping for more in the future. :D

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My stepfather took the 2nd hard drive out of my old, slow desktop computer and installed it in a shell with a USB connection, so I now have a portable hard drive that will work on all my computers, and set up a wireless network between the computers... maybe now I can quit emailing files to myself!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My New House and My new Business the Donut shop, but I bought them myself. One of my instructor got me a Dragons Lamp pretty cool and the students got me a Chess Set

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Got 2 favorites..A "Rocky" DVD collection that features I II III, the only ones I really liked and a velour bathrobe..

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My two son's gifts. One was some Michigan State Pajamas and the other's gift was a folding knife and a multi tool kit that is small enough that I can wear it on my belt without anyone knowing.
icon14.gif

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
My most fav gift was from my honey. He got me a gift certificate to Ski Company for snowboarding gear. Now I just need snow ...... My next fav was a cool Japanese soup set from my best friend (we both love to cook and eat Japanese food). The next one is a chopper (for veggies) from my mom. You put a whole tomato or something in there and it cuts it up in one shot. I love to cook, and she thought that it would cut down on prep time, which it does. Thanks mom ;)

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The Nikon Coolpix L6 my inlaws got me, and the DVD my father got me, "Classic French Bread". One of the best instructional videos for the kitchen I've ever seen.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The Nikon Coolpix L6 my inlaws got me, and the DVD my father got me, "Classic French Bread". One of the best instructional videos for the kitchen I've ever seen.

I was sure it was going to be a gun

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was sure it was going to be a gun
Well, my parents moved recently, and to make up for the smaller space, my Dad gave me a huge chunk of his collection. They weren't an Xmas gift though, it was just the first time I made it over there since they moved in November.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
OK this is an easy one. A tool box from my soon to be 9 year old son. It is one he made for a woodworking project in Cub Scouts and has all the quality and fine finish an 8 year old can manage, but it is beautiful to me. Knowing he worked on a project just for me is really, really special.

wee_blondie

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I was laid out with flu through christmas, so my best gift was the home-made soup my boyfriend's mum sent me! My own mother lives abroad so it was great to have some home cookin!!

hemi

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Well I guess I am the only big kid, this year I got Gears of War and a 12 month subscription to X box live.

Yes I am totally addicted to the VS death matches now LOL

Latest Discussions