your favorite water parks

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
New water parks seem to be popping up everywhere! We love Sesame Place and Lake George for Family vacations. What are your favorite water parks? We are always looking for new places to try.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Last one I went to was 7 Peaks in Provo Utah with a bunch of deaf kids and it was fun. Going down those big slides is a trip, some with a near 90 degree 60 foot drop and you wonder if you're going to stay on the track/slide.

OP
stickarts

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Last one I went to was 7 Peaks in Provo Utah with a bunch of deaf kids and it was fun. Going down those big slides is a trip, some with a near 90 degree 60 foot drop and you wonder if you're going to stay on the track/slide.

Wow! That sounds great! I love the rides as much as my kids!

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Knott's Berry Farm has a place called Soak City across the street from it, I think it's a great mix of kid- and adult- friendly slides. Very close, convenient.

The other 2 water parks with in reasonable distance are Wild Rivers in Irvine and Raging Waters in San Dimas. Of the 2 Raging Waters is by far the best, but a longer drive so we seldom get there.

OP
stickarts

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Knott's Berry Farm has a place called Soak City across the street from it, I think it's a great mix of kid- and adult- friendly slides. Very close, convenient.

The other 2 water parks with in reasonable distance are Wild Rivers in Irvine and Raging Waters in San Dimas. Of the 2 Raging Waters is by far the best, but a longer drive so we seldom get there.

I wish I was closer! Those sound great!

OP
stickarts

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Given the heatwave this week, its a great time to visit a water park. Any recomendations in the New England area?

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
It's not that big but we make a few trips a year down to Oceans Of Fun in Kansas City. We've been there enough times to know the best spots to park your stuff, how to have a great day there without spending all your money ... we've relly "fine-tuned" the process :)

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's not that big but we make a few trips a year down to Oceans Of Fun in Kansas City. We've been there enough times to know the best spots to park your stuff, how to have a great day there without spending all your money ... we've relly "fine-tuned" the process :)

Can you send outline detail so the next time we go I can save some money?

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oceans of Fun in KC is good, and last weekend we went to White Water down in Branson. There's also a Great Wolf Lodge, but you have to be in a room to use the park and they are expensive! There's a new indoor water park called Coco Key, which I think is in the Sheraton.

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Can you send outline detail so the next time we go I can save some money?

The 2 biggest moeny-savers we have found is to buy discount tix ahead of time (my wife's credit union sells them for about $10 off per person); and pack your own lunches. Pack a few apples or oranges in your gym bag too if you guys like to snack... avoid the concession stands.

We pack sandwiches and snacks in a cooler; although you can't bring coolers into the park, we leave it in the car and when we are ready for lunch we use the picnic tables just outside the park. This easily saves us $30-40 per visit. Also the refilalble soda cups, they are $8 new, $1 refill; we bring our refill cups from home instead of buying new cups each visit - that another $16 saved (or just don't drink soda!).

This year my wife and daughter bought season passes which include free admision to both parks and free parking. We calculated that on the 3rd trip they would be better than breaking even on the cost of them.

We liek to get there as soon as the park opens so we can get our favorite spot near the kiddie pool :)

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Oceans of Fun in KC is good, and last weekend we went to White Water down in Branson. There's also a Great Wolf Lodge, but you have to be in a room to use the park and they are expensive! There's a new indoor water park called Coco Key, which I think is in the Sheraton.

Indoor water parks are more expensive, but they are a nice break from the winter weather. Seems kindof insane to go to one in the summer :)

OP
stickarts

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The 2 biggest moeny-savers we have found is to buy discount tix ahead of time (my wife's credit union sells them for about $10 off per person); and pack your own lunches. Pack a few apples or oranges in your gym bag too if you guys like to snack... avoid the concession stands.

We pack sandwiches and snacks in a cooler; although you can't bring coolers into the park, we leave it in the car and when we are ready for lunch we use the picnic tables just outside the park. This easily saves us $30-40 per visit. Also the refilalble soda cups, they are $8 new, $1 refill; we bring our refill cups from home instead of buying new cups each visit - that another $16 saved (or just don't drink soda!).

This year my wife and daughter bought season passes which include free admision to both parks and free parking. We calculated that on the 3rd trip they would be better than breaking even on the cost of them.

We liek to get there as soon as the park opens so we can get our favorite spot near the kiddie pool :)

Great ideas! We have been going to Sesame Place in September. You take a chance on the temperature, but thee were no lines whatsoever last year. No waiting for rides.

Latest Discussions