Your Favorite Car

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The recent thread about cars got me to thinking about a different kind of thread..What was your favorite car?? What about it made it your favorite car? If you could locate another one for a good price would you buy it??

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My favorite would be my first car, a 1968 Pontiac Firebird. I think it's my favorite because it was my first car as a teenager. I've always been a Firebird fan.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My first Toyota Corolla was so very dependable...I liked it a lot! I'm not very mechanical so a reliable car ws a big deal to me. I'm now on Toyota number 3...

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm a fan of small cars, not necessarily fancy ones. My grandma's '69 Beetle, which she taught me to drive, holds a special place in my heart. It was spartan and noisy and started every single time. She started me out on country roads when I was fourteen! When I was sixteen, with my own license, she taught me navigate mountain roads and highways, as well as the streets of Vancouver, British Columbia.

I've driven the newer-model Beetle, which has many more creature comforts and a much bigger price tag than the original, but it's still fun, and it takes me back.

My current fav, as I mentioned elsewhere, is the Smart Car, but the next chance I get, I want to rent the Mini Cooper.

OP
Drac

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My two favorites were 1. 1977 Olds Regency 98..It was black with black velore seats and black carpeting..Like sitting on your couch, very comfortable..2. 1985 Olds Toronado.My first front wheel drive car..Never got stuck in Winter weather..

LawDog

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
1966 - 396 SS Chevell, posie rear, blue with a black roof,
1967 - 389 GTO, posie rear, dark blue
2003 - Thunderbird, traction control rear, performance chip, mountain gray.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
One that will never need gas and never break down at all. Do we have one of those and I'll take two.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's a hard question, Drac. I'm assuming that you're talking about cars you've actually owned? Or can we include those we've driven? Or maybe just plain desire :D?

From those that I've owned, I have a tie between my Mark I Ford Capri and my Vauxhall Cavalier Envoy.

The former was a blast to drive - oversteer on demand, a bonnet that went on forever, teased you that she wasn't going to start in the rain (but finally did on her last gasp of battery power).

The latter was a battered warhorse that just would not die, despite being hit by a bus - she had great heart that car and started every time no matter how much I ignored her (she even resisted an attempt to steal her from me).

My current car is a Nissan Mid-Life Crisis :lol: i.e. little black convertible sporty number :eek:.

OP
Drac

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's a hard question, Drac. I'm assuming that you're talking about cars you've actually owned? Or can we include those we've driven? Or maybe just plain desire :D?

I should have been more expansive on my question..I meant cars you actually owned

Vauxhall Cavalier Envoy.

I never heard of that make..Strictly UK ???

My current car is a Nissan Mid-Life Crisis :lol: i.e. little black convertible sporty number :eek:.

Excellent...

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Have to stretch the definition a bit, my favorite vehicle wasn't/isn't a car, but rather my Jeep CJ5. Fiberglass body, one piece front clip, massaged 360 V-8, raised just a smidgen, and a paint job by Paul Hatton. I have had it for the last 24 years and still love the little thing. Plus it is great when some young thang in their little sports car Daddy bought them pulls along side, and finds out a little Jeep which weighs 1900# and delivers 375 HP to the rear wheels isn't your Grandpa's old jeep. :) Added bonus is that it NEVER runs out of power when poking through the woods roads at 10 MPH.

Running a close second would be a 1963 Olds 98 that had the BB425 and super stock transmission. Now that was a Grandpa car that was comfortable, and would get right down the road - as long as there wasn't any corners. It cornered like a drunk Water Buffalo on roller skates.

ewhip

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Mine's not a "car"... it's my new Tundra... :)

Attachments

• $New Tundra Full Right Small.jpg
    $New Tundra Full Right Small.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 131

redfang

Purple Belt
Reaction score
79 Camaro Rallysport, dependable, fast, and it looked cool.

Liked my first car too, a 73 VW Bug: Barely could do 60mph, no heat (Which when living in Cleveland is an issue.) and with holes in the floor that allowed one to examined the road surface while underway, also had an issue once wherein the horn would sound everytime I made a right turn.

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
The exterior styling of the '67 Shelby GT500 was certainly like no other car to be found on the American road, thanks to roof and quarter panel air scoops, extended nose and spoilered tail. Also new for the '67 were the inclusion of the Mustang Deluxe interior, power steering, power brakes, optional air conditioning and wider variety of exterior colors - all part of an effort to appeal to a wider car-buying market. Of course, these new Shelby GT 500 still packed a punch. The GT-350 was capable of 0-50 mph in 5.6 seconds, while the GT-500 tested at 0-50 mph in 4.9 seconds.

Kosho

benj13bowlin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
My favorite would be my first car, it was a little green toyota tercel. It never broke down on me no matter how hard I drove it. I even had it completely airborn once.

My second favorite would have to be my 98 camaro Z28. It broke down several times (AC Compressor) and had problems with ther power windows and other little things, but after all the work I put into it it was so fast. I think my best time ever was 12.36 in the 1/4.

OP
Drac

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My second favorite would have to be my 98 camaro Z28. It broke down several times (AC Compressor) and had problems with ther power windows and other little things, but after all the work I put into it it was so fast. I think my best time ever was 12.36 in the 1/4.

Damn good!!!!

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
1963 Chevy Impala, grey with a red interior. It was my first car and I abused the hell out of it. and it kept on going, bench seats, no seatbelts, no airbags. cost me $500.00. I loved that car, had it for 2 years and sold it to a friend of mine when I went into the service.

Latest Discussions