Your favorite album/CD of all time?

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
What is our favorite album/CD of all time? (The one (or 2) that you can listed to every song straight through).

Mine would have to be The Cult's Electric with the Clash's London Calling a close second.

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So many candidates.

I would say, 'Don't Look Back' by Tom Scholtz and Boston ... but really, only the A side was ever complete.

'Leftoverture' by Kansas is a thinking persons record. Musically, a powerhouse.

But, I guess ... all time favorite has to be the original 'Jesus Christ Superstar'. The only think that could improve the album, was the inclusion of 'Could we Start Again, Please' ... a lovely duet between Mary and Peter that wasn't on the album, but was included in the Theatrical version. Ian Gillian was pretty impressive.

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'll have to go with Rush's Exit.....Stage Left. Or possibly Moving Pictures. Yeah, If you couldn't tell by my avatar, I'm a Rush fanatic.

JeffJ

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know that I have a tru favorite, but a CD that I can listen too again and again and never get tired of.... Marc Cohn by Marc Cohn. It is just what I need whenever I need to force myself to calm down and relax. Love that song Walking In Memphis.

kenpo_disciple

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Any album by Motley Crue or Guns 'N' Roses.....if i had to choose 2 it would probably be 'Theatre of Pain' and 'Use Your Illusion 2'

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
HKphooey said:
What is our favorite album/CD of all time? (The one (or 2) that you can listed to every song straight through).

Mine would have to be The Cult's Electric with the Clash's London Calling a close second.
Hey now my music man :) this is just TOO difficult a question for you and I to answer and I bet your answer is different again tomorrow.. though The Clash are firm favourites of mine too and for me the listen to every track albums (today anyways)

Radiohead.. OK Computer
The Telescopes.. Taste
Metallica.. Metallica (black album)
Echo and the Bunnymen.. Ocean Rain
Blur.. Parklife
The Cure.. Faith

etc.etc.etc.

I am short circuiting here trying to precis my little list down to just two... it cannot be done.. does not compute.. *crackle* *sparks* *feedback*

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So hard to pick one...

At this very moment, I would say "A Slight Case of Overbombing" by the Sisters of Mercy.

JasonASmith

Black Belt
Reaction score
JeffJ said:
I'll have to go with Rush's Exit.....Stage Left. Or possibly Moving Pictures. Yeah, If you couldn't tell by my avatar, I'm a Rush fanatic.

JeffJ

Sweet!
However, for me, I would have to say it would be the opus that is 2112...
Although I like Permanent Waves a lot, as well.
Aside from the aforementioned, I would say either Pretty Hate Machine or Broken from NIN..

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
So hard to pick one...

At this very moment, I would say "A Slight Case of Overbombing" by the Sisters of Mercy.

Yay! Ahh yes a mighty choice my friend! :) :) :)

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's hard to pick one... but if forced, I would have to go with New Beginnings by Tracey Chapman

Phadrus00

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ohhh... soo many wonderful albums... But I think the one in my collection I always keep coming back to is Perter Gabriels' "Shaking The Tree".. I love so many songs on that Album. Second favorite would have to be the soundtrack from Cowboy Bebop.. It is simply incredible!

Rob

fireman00

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Very difficult but my top four would be:
Yes - Tales of Topographic Oceans
Aerosmith - Rockin' The Joint
Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble - Live at Montreux 1982 & 1985
Moody Blues - A Night At Red Rocks with the Colorado Symphony Orchestra.

But if I had to pick one.... it would be SRV and DT - '82 and '85

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I, too, find it hard to pick just one......but the first one that comes to mind is The Joshua Tree Album by U2.

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
That is an almost impossible question to answer. I am going to have to go with Napalm Death's "Scum" because it was the most revolutionary album in metal music since Black Sabath.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
JBrainard said:
That is an almost impossible question to answer. I am going to have to go with Napalm Death's "Scum" because it was the most revolutionary album in metal music since Black Sabath.

No way. Bolt Thrower was so much more... ok, ok, I cant finish that sentence with a straight face.

Bolt Thrower. Bwahahahahaha.

Latest Discussions