You Know You're Getting Older When...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Try explaining the whole Who Shot J.R. thing....

hemi

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I remember when oil came in paper cans with metal tops and bottoms. I remember the oil spout you had to stab in the oil can to open and pour.
When you could buy leaded gas and they sold the plastic insert to put leaded gas in an unleaded car.

When we had no remote control for the TV, when you had to switch from UHF to VHF on the dial of a TV, party phone lines, when he had BW TV’s and when VCR first came out.

What are some of the things you remember?

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Check out the " You Know You're Getting Older' thread for some real memory joggers..But to add something I remember when the ONLY businesses open 24/7 were Dennys and Truck Stops of America

hemi

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Opps didn’t realize we already had one of these threads, maybe a Mod can move this one. Sorry about that.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Here you go Drac remember Stuckeys, my father loved them he always stopped at everyone.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You also know you are getting older when a teenager says let me get that door for you sir.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
You know you're getting older when... you forget what you were about to write in the “You Know You're Getting Older When...” thread

I had a thought I hit reply and poof thought gone.....:confused:

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Here you go Drac remember Stuckeys, my father loved them he always stopped at everyone.

Yes I do...They were always near a Texaco station..Remember Texaco??

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score

Ah yes, and those little jars of jam/jelly they sold. I had about 100 empty ones after a trip from Michigan to Oregon back in the early 70's. Dad would stop and I would beg 50 cents to get one of those to eat in the car between Stuckey stops.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
You know you're getting older when... you forget what you were about to write in the “You Know You're Getting Older When...” thread

I had a thought I hit reply and poof thought gone.....:confused:

:lfao::roflmao:I don't care who you are, THAT'S FUNNY. Scary and true, but still funny!

Latest Discussions