You know your art is mainstream when...

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
...it's featured on the Simpsons!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mzBf6SC6EYY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mzBf6SC6EYY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

LOL "no groin, no Krav Maga."

Dangit I thing the video embed didn't work, here's the link:

Next...?

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I use the quote from the MMA episode all the time. Something like, "Jiu Jitsu is the art of using an opponent's strength against him. But I sneak a little of my own strength in there, too."

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I still prefer the quote...

"'Cause I'm a karate man, see! And a karate man bleed on the inside! They don't show their weakness. But you don't know that because you're a big Barry White looking motherf*****!"

.eddie murphy

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
To morph an old saying:
"There are two types of people in the world, swordsmen and targets".

That being said if the Last Samurai and Tom Cruise couldn't bring iaido into the Martial Arts Main stream...nothing ever will....:)

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I really liked the movie, in spite of the fact that the "last samurai" was a white alcoholic who'd trained for one Winter. Ah, Hollywood. :)

Msby

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I really liked the movie, in spite of the fact that the "last samurai" was a white alcoholic who'd trained for one Winter. Ah, Hollywood. :)

At first I thought that too, and then I started thinking of the title to be referring to Ken Watanabe's character. made me feel a bit better.

btw, isn't featuring on the Simpsons the mark of mainstream for anything?

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
At first I thought that too, and then I started thinking of the title to be referring to Ken Watanabe's character. made me feel a bit better.

Yeah... I too say it was Ken Watanabe character. T.C. was just a lucky bastard who seemed to survive everything

A good movie I thought. I really liked it too..

Stac3y

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
My favorite Simpsons MA portrayal is the Comic Book Guy teaching Kung Fu at the rec center. He's got a bunch of belts knotted together to fit around him, and when he asks that the kids attack him so he can demonstrate a defense, they mob him and knock him down, while he screams, "Ow! My chi!"

I really want a t-shirt with him rolling on the floor and "Ow! My chi!" as a caption.

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah... I too say it was Ken Watanabe character. T.C. was just a lucky bastard who seemed to survive everything

A good movie I thought. I really liked it too..

I really enjoyed it. And in all the interviews that came out when it opened, TC was VERY clear that the title reffered to Watanabe Ken`s character and not his. That was what the whole last scene where he gives Watanabe`s sword to Emperor Meiji was all about.

Still has one of the best lines ever.

"They want me to kill Indian, I`ll kill Indians. They want me to kill Japos, I`ll kill Japos. They pay me enough, I`ll kill anybody they want....But just remember, I`d kill you for free."

Latest Discussions