Yoga or Pilates?

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Question about the above. Yoga is the spritual and Pilates is for the core muscle groups as I believe. Now I have seen Yogalates classes advertised. Tried a bit Hatha already, but what are the merits of each. Not sure what to persue. Thoughts welcomed.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yoga postures are very much about "the core". Pilates are much more faster pasted but also work the core.

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yoga postures are very much about "the core". Pilates are much more faster pasted but also work the core.

Cool and thanks for the reply. That clears it up for me, but will have to look more indepth regarding Yogalates.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suspect you'll find that "Yogalates" is a marketing approach more than anything else. Is the place primarily a yoga studio or Pilates studio?

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suspect you'll find that "Yogalates" is a marketing approach more than anything else. Is the place primarily a yoga studio or Pilates studio?

Neither. The classes are held in a multi use sports centre room. I did do some digging at a dance studio that I am attempting some Bokwa. I spoke to one of the owners and she reckons that it is a mix Yoga and Pilates, but fused together to use the best facets of each. Guess I will just have to try it.

Latest Discussions