Yoda Gives Driving Directions

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So does Han Solo and Darth Vadar, and more.

In "The Empire Strikes Back," Jedi master Yoda scolded his student, Luke Skywalker, for not properly listening to instructions. It's nice to know that a GPS device incorporating Yoda's voice will be equally as ornery to stubborn drivers who feel they don't need directions.

TomTom, a company that makes global-positioning devices, recently signed a licensing deal with Lucasfilm to use three "Star Wars" character voices (Han Solo will be the fourth in August) in an effort to get drivers to their destination in the safest and nerdiest way possible.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing," the voice of Darth Vader warns drivers who miss their turn. "Take the third left - it may be our only hope," pleads C-3P0. For that special someone who feels that a pristine collection of mint-on-card original "Star Wars" action figures isn't enough to ensure that dating will be difficult, this announcement is truly a godsend.

Article.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I love the idea of this. I just don't go anywhere. What would be really neat, is if after you downloaded a few of these, you could set the voice to random, one turn could be Darth Vader, the next, Snoop Dogg, after that, someone else...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I love the idea of this. I just don't go anywhere. What would be really neat, is if after you downloaded a few of these, you could set the voice to random, one turn could be Darth Vader, the next, Snoop Dogg, after that, someone else...

HAL from 2001: A Space Odyssey

"Just where do you think your going Dave"

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I saw this article yesterday and I'm actually tempted to get it for my Garmin. But I really would prefer C3P0.

The first GPS I bought might as well have been R2D2, at least then there would have been a good reason for me getting lost since I would not be able to understand it. Not the reality which was the DAMN GPS being wrong.

Take your next right...THERE IS NO RIGHT!!!!
Bear left and merge onto route..... There is no left to merge to... that is unless you want me to merge with that TREE!!!!!

It made me go back to using maps

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
and if you drive into the "bad" part of town...

"Danger, Danger Will Robinson Danger"

Latest Discussions