Year of the Pig

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In about 12 and a half hours it will be the new chinese year of the Pig in China.

It is said that those born during the year are lucky and will be helped by others in their life.

Yet from all that I have read the predictions are not looking food for the up coming year. :(

http://cbs2.com/national/topstories_story_047171345.html

I still want to wish everyone Happy New Year anyways :)

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if the year plays out like the predictions. Btw, I'm a Rooster, lol.

OP
Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if the year plays out like the predictions. Btw, I'm a Rooster, lol.

Yes it will be interesting to see.

I am a Fire Horse so the Fire Element is doubled. Some of the more dubious or infamous people in Chinese History are said to be born as a Fire Horse. Guess I have a lot to live up to. ;)

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I am a Fire Horse so the Fire Element is doubled. Some of the more dubious or infamous people in Chinese History are said to be born as a Fire Horse. Guess I have a lot to live up to. ;)

LOL! Don't worry Rich, you can do it! :p

Should be interesting to see what the year brings.

(Wood dragon here)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Metal ox... now there’s a shock.

I am told it is a very nice rime of year to be in Beijing all of the non-Beijing residents go home to their families and all the Beijing residents stay in Beijing and eat a lot. It is a very un-crowded, albeit cold, time to be there. But (sigh) I am here.

Oh well happy New Year 2.5 hours early talking Beijing time.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I heard on NPR that China is downplaying the Pig this year "to avoid conflicts with ethnic minorities." Pigs, even animated ones are being banned from adverts on CCTV.

Found the story here:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=7213210

"China's building a harmonious society" -- I'll bet the people in the Falun Gong movement and other 'heretical organizations' will appreciate this recent change in conflict avoidance. . . if it applies to them.

May your new year be prosperous and pigtastic!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Oh well happy New Year 2.5 hours early talking Beijing time.

Correction I was wrong in the above it was .5 hours away at the time

II'll bet the people in the Falun Gong movement

Falun Gong is a cult and there take on things that happened is not exactly the truth and there Chinese newspaper for the most part is propaganda. And we in the USA have bought it hook line and sinker.

As for China's 20 million Muslims most live in Xinjiang province I believe and the place is a bit uneasy at the moment so I am not surprised they are trying to down play the pig a bit.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Green Wood Snake here. :)

GUNG HAY FAT CHOY!

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Falun Gong is a cult and there take on things that happened is not exactly the truth and there Chinese newspaper for the most part is propaganda. And we in the USA have bought it hook line and sinker.

As for China's 20 million Muslims most live in Xinjiang province I believe and the place is a bit uneasy at the moment so I am not surprised they are trying to down play the pig a bit.

I hope I didn't come across as promoting the Falun Gong movement, or that I buy what they are selling. I might even think they are completely Waco, but that should be an excuse for government oppression. Perhaps it was a bad example.

When people discuss creating a 'harmonious society' by limiting expression, stories of various brave new utopian worlds start coming to mind.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I hope I didn't come across as promoting the Falun Gong movement, or that I buy what they are selling. I might even think they are completely Waco, but that should be an excuse for government oppression. Perhaps it was a bad example.

When people discuss creating a 'harmonious society' by limiting expression, stories of various brave new utopian worlds start coming to mind.

Not saying there is not Government oppression in China, there is, not as much as we are lead to believe, but it does exist.

I am saying Falun Gong is not an example of that. Basically they are not telling the whole truth and if you like I can PM you more on it but it would be a hijack of the post if I go further.

Sorry all.

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score

Me too! It is believed that all our good and bad qualities are amplified by like ten times. Wonderful isn't it?

Happy New Year everyone!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Ox - Metal Element

- Appears docile, but watch out! They also have quite a temper.
- Fair minded and good listeners, but they can also be extremely stubborn.
- When their temper is lost, they really lose it! There will be no reasoning with them, so get out of their way until they cool off.

I interpret all of the above as likes to rant

- In troubled times they will have great presence of mind and will never be intimidated.
- Actions speak louder than words.

I will interpret those as likes to hit trees

Again Happy New Year

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ox - Metal Element

- When their temper is lost, they really lose it! There will be no reasoning with them, so get out of their way until they cool off.

- In troubled times they will have great presence of mind and will never be intimidated.

Again Happy New Year

Xue everything about you revolves around hitting trees!
icon14.gif

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ox - Metal Element

Again Happy New Year

LOL! Classic. ;)

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm a Wood Rabbit. Reminds me of Monty Python...

From the article: "Expect epidemics, disasters and violence in much of the world."
This is news? Sounds like the same old same old to me. Or maybe I'm just a pessimist.

Happy new year everyone!

Shaderon

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I do chinese character analyses and can do a quick rundown for anyone interested? Just pm me and we'll talk ;)

Anyway I am a Yang Earth Monkey, my other three "pillars" are

Month: Yang Fire Dragon
Day: Yin Earth Snake
Hour: Yang Metal Horse

I love my chart, it makes me a friendly, mentally dextrious person with charisma and a love of the spiritual... *big grin*

Good luck for the Year of the pig people, the people who will most prosper in this year are:

Ox - A time of quiet improvement
Rabbit - Personal development
Sheep/Goat - Put plans into action
Rooster - good for family matters
Dog - home life
Pig - get rid of baggage

Latest Discussions