Ya'll check out my back yard on tv

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ugh! That would make me mental, if I could hear that all the time!

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have a lot of Nascar fanatics in my town. Even have a a full page in the newspaper every week. My whole sister's family of about 5 different families gets together, RV and go to Texas in April, I believe. Maybe they think Tennessee in summer is not good or a good time. I would go crazy too if that went on all the time. Although my hubby would love the bluegrass music from Tennessee. That's a whole different noise to drive one crazy. Feature 30 instruments playing in your yard. TW

OP
G

Gary Crawford

It's not so bad,you have to kinda psych yourself up for it and remember that the race fans spend millions in the local econemy.If someone doesn't mind a little work,you can make plenty of money collecting beer cans after they all leave!The Nextel Cup race brings 130,000 fans and lots of scalpers and vendors.Hundreds of locals make big money parking cars and Rv's on their property.I'm a race fan too,but I hate crowds.I went to a Busch series race a couple years ago,only because a good freind of mine who had recently had suffered a stroke wanted to take his son,but he needed someone to help him,so my son and I went with him.I was happy to do it,but to be honest,I like watching it at home on tv allot better.The Nextel Cup(formerly Winston Cup) races are always sold out over a year in advance.If someone is lucky enough to get a ticket at face value,they start at $140!I can't imagine what these people who come to town in their $100,000 motor homes and motor coaches spend during these race weekends!It's mind bogling.

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just think I would have a hard time sitting on my duff all day watching them go around and around and around with all that noise and crowds. Not my cup of tea. Now a good national tournament, that would be different.
My nephew went with them this time to Texas and now he ACTUALLy is in school to be a Nascar mechanic. Sheesh. The kid has no motivation to hold a job, for that matter shower, so lol. Would be very surprised if he made it. Didn't see your back yard, too late but I can imagine. TW

Latest Discussions