Xingyi... Really...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Oh it comes thru that way thanks Xue.

David in Japan there is Feng Zheng Bao who does Xingyiquan.
http://www.emptyflower.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=7940&pid=106796&st=0&#entry106796

I think Feng Zheng Bao is in Tokyo. Wang shu Jin taught many in Japan maybe you can find one of his students.

Yes Feng Zheng Bao is in Tokyo and there are a few videos of him on YouTube

But I thought he was Shanxi style... Shanxi has a high level very tight circle walking bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
clfsean

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes, you will have to give up the devil speak for the language of the Emperor since you are now training a real CMA from the north :D

It's ok... I'm already translating Ying Yi Kuen things to the language of the patriots like I'm doing with the Chan Ga Taai Gihk Kuen I do as well. Not everything works well with a lisp...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
It's ok... I'm already translating Ying Yi Kuen things to the language of the patriots like I'm doing with the Chan Ga Taai Gihk Kuen I do as well. Not everything works well with a lisp...

You do of course realize that what you are doing is just wrong: D

And that to maintain balance in the CMA world I may just have to go train a southern style and translate it all into the language of the Emperor as to save it from the devil speak and all that 'G' 'N' stuff :D

On a serious language note (actually) I watched a movie with my wife the other day that was in Cantonese but subtitled in Chinese written Characters and I have to say Cantonese people talk a lot. DAMN I saw 4 or 5 words that in Mandarin would be 1 maybe 2 at the most. That and Cantonese speakers move their mouth considerably more than a Beijingren does to speak. It makes me tired just to watch a Cantonese speaker talk…and 6 tones… what the heck is that. I have a hard enough time with 4

OP
clfsean

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You do of course realize that what you are doing is just wrong: D

Yep... With a smile & a beer I do... :ultracool :drinkbeer

And that to maintain balance in the CMA world I may just have to go train a southern style and translate it all into the language of the Emperor as to save it from the devil speak and all that 'G' 'N' stuff :D

Oh noes... not that!!!! They're already doing it on the mainland... ruining perfectly good combo of mudstomping MAs :btg: with a sissylispy dialect as opposed to it's natural, harder dialect matching its martial content.

On a serious language note (actually) I watched a movie with my wife the other day that was in Cantonese but subtitled in Chinese written Characters and I have to say Cantonese people talk a lot. DAMN I saw 4 or 5 words that in Mandarin would be 1 maybe 2 at the most. That and Cantonese speakers move their mouth considerably more than a Beijingren does to speak. It makes me tired just to watch a Cantonese speaker talk…and 6 tones… what the heck is that. I have a hard enough time with 4

Yeah... speak more, reduce confusion on what's exactly said or meant. Kinda like how we do it in the South anyway. :flame:

Look at it this way... if the whole country spoke the glorious patriots language, instead of the lispy thing that you have to wonder exactly what's meant, they could've done the whole freaking world at one shot since they would've been completely understood by each other!!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Yep... With a smile & a beer I do... :ultracool :drinkbeer

Oh noes... not that!!!! They're already doing it on the mainland... ruining perfectly good combo of mudstomping MAs :btg: with a sissylispy dialect as opposed to it's natural, harder dialect matching its martial content.

Yeah... speak more, reduce confusion on what's exactly said or meant. Kinda like how we do it in the South anyway. :flame:

Look at it this way... if the whole country spoke the glorious patriots language, instead of the lispy thing that you have to wonder exactly what's meant, they could've done the whole freaking world at one shot since they would've been completely understood by each other!!

As a Cantonese woman I once knew told me... southerners argue.... northerners fight. Based on that I think Northern styles must be better since they are not afraid to stop yakking and fight :D

As Beijingren I know rather well told me...Southerners talk too much :D

OP
clfsean

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As a Cantonese woman I once knew told me... southerners argue.... northerners fight. Based on that I think Northern styles must be better since they are not afraid to stop yakking and fight :D

NorthernERs fight because of the way they sound. It'd make me mad too... BHWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

As Beijingren I know rather well told me...Southerners talk too much :D

We do... we make sure you know what you're stepping into so everything is fair... :whip1:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
NorthernERs fight because of the way they sound. It'd make me mad too... BHWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

typical devil talker jealousy

We do... we make sure you know what you're stepping into so everything is fair... :whip1:

Well I guess Southerners need all the help they can get :D

And for the record I was born in the South...way south...Lynyrd Skynyrd South :uhyeah:

OP
clfsean

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
clfsean

How is Xingyi going?

Forward... how else does it go in Xingyi? :whip1:

Seriously pretty well. Lots of Pek Kuen (hehehe) & working on its (XYQ) version of rooting in STS & moving the root while walking the road. Then the best of all in my estimation... LOTS OF APP DRILLS!!!!!!!!!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Forward... how else does it go in Xingyi? :whip1:

Seriously pretty well. Lots of Pek Kuen (hehehe) & working on its (XYQ) version of rooting in STS & moving the root while walking the road. Then the best of all in my estimation... LOTS OF APP DRILLS!!!!!!!!!

Piquan you devil talking southern speak person :D

And as my second sifu always said "Xingyi doesn't backup" :EG:

Lots of drills is a good thing, you can also train piquan standing still. My sifu liked to have us just stand there and do drills for piquan, zuanquan, bengquan, paoquan, and hengquan so he could yell at us, tell us we were doing it wrong and threaten us that if he every fought us and we were breathing that way he would beat us down bad… all and all it was pretty cool :EG:... damn I miss those classes

Tommy

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for a very informative post.

I am not a Xingyi Quan guy but I love doing Santi Shi as part of my daily Wing Chun training. I got introduce to this training by my friend who is a very competent Xingyi Quan practitioner. Before this I only do the yee gee kim yeung ma and one legged Siu Nim Tau but after a few years of doing Santi Shi my wing chun has greatly improved in term of generating power, rooting and relaxing. I have seen new people coming to Wing Chun wanted to learn all the forms as fast as possible but neglecting the basic foundation like stance training. Without rooting there's no art!

OP
clfsean

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
....neglecting the basic foundation like stance training. Without rooting there's no art!

Yep... bat ma bat gungfu ...

or for the sissy speakers... bu mabu, bu gongfu

hehehehe....

Seriously though... that's it dead up. No horse, no skills. Doesn't matter what your hands do or how many sets you have, you don't have a good horse, you can't have good skills.

OP
clfsean

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We did Chicken today. A bit odd & Al said as much, but one of the senior guys there had a question on it & so we got to tag along for the ride.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
the Rooster, I learned it from my first sifu as well as the other 11 animals but they were not exactly correct. So I generally feel that the only animal form I feel that I officially learned was tiger form my second sifu

OP
clfsean

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
the Rooster, I learned it from my first sifu as well as the other 11 animals but they were not exactly correct. So I generally feel that the only animal form I feel that I officially learned was tiger form my second sifu

This is ours with Luo De Xiu demo'ing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Discussions