Xing yi quan

vincehardy3

Orange Belt
Reaction score
What the heck was that? There are three schools of Xingyiquan (Shanxi, Hobei, and Honan), but I couldn't really tell what school the guy in the barn studies. He was practicing the linking form of the 5-fists at one point. The other guys were just doing kick boxing. They might call it Sanshou or whatever, but it is straight kickboxing by any other name. I'll give them this...they were going at it. They have a real problem with keeping there hands up from what I saw. Where did you find this clip?

Vince

D Dempsey

Green Belt
Reaction score
That's a Tang Shou Tao school is Taiwan. The TSD was founded by Hong Yixian who was a master of Hebei Xingyiquan and Gao Baguazhang. The TSD curriculum puts a very heavy emphasis on sparring and fighting. One of the fighters featured in the video is a champion sanda fighter in Taiwan and China.
-Dave Dempsey-

D Dempsey

Green Belt
Reaction score
I first started studying Xingyi and Bagua at a former NATSD school. The training looked very similar to this. Except we didn't wear a uniform. It was a whole lot of drills and sparing, which was great.... Too bad i moved to a different state.
-Dave Dempsey-

Latest Discussions