Xing yi pics

ggg214

Blue Belt
Reaction score
2005122916185599746.jpg

xue dian, a master of Xing yi!
i can't find any information about him in english.
so maybe you can figure out by yourself

OP
ggg214

ggg214

Blue Belt
Reaction score
his chinese name is 薛颠

OP
ggg214

ggg214

Blue Belt
Reaction score
there is no practioners who is training this style, at least i don't know.
this great style may be lost!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
there is no practioners who is training this style, at least i don't know.
this great style may be lost!

Basically it is Hebei style with a little additional flare added by xue dian and there are apparently some that still do this variation of Hebei style

Last edited by a moderator:

brianlkennedy

Orange Belt
Reaction score
His training manual is quite interesting and those photos are from the copy of that manual that I sent to Dave Devire, who owns the EmptyFlower.com site. Dave is a great guy and I was happy to help him out in the early years with that forum.

Turning back to the manual, my wife and I’s book, A Historical Survey of Chinese Martial Arts Training Manuals , has a short chapter on Xie Dien [FONT=&#26032]薛顛[/FONT] and that book. The ten second version is the book is titled Xingyi Training Materials, it was compiled by Xie Dien, Gao Zhi Jen, Chiang Xin Shan. In came out in 1929 and it was published by the Tienjin Guoshu Department.

I think it is a super book. It has not been translated into english yet but the Lion Books reprint is available (I think) from Plum Publishers in Santa Cruz.

Yeah, great photos. That is why I choose that book to send to Dave, that was about 10 years back, and he wanted good looking, kind of unusual photos for his website design.

Take care,
Brian

Latest Discussions