Wyle E Coyote's favorite company

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What was wonderful about those cartoons that ANYONE could watch them and still have a gut busting good time laughing. However Wile E. could talk... Mel Blanc gave him a voice when he teamed up with Bugs Bunny for a change of menu. "Allow me to introduce myself, I am Wile E. Coyote, Genius." But then of course at the end of the episode all blackened charred and beaten to snot by a bomb drawn to his lair via a giant magnet... he approached Bugs with the line "...all-allow me to introduce myself, my name is mud!"

Bugs of course reminded us..."remember folks, mud spelled backwards is DUM!"

:D

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just once I wanted him to win!!!! :)

It is interesting that you say this. I think most us would like to have seen it and we can! There is a single cartoon made during the fifties in which Wyle E catches the roadrunner. Having achieved his goal he then lets him go. The fun can continue.

Shuto

Purple Belt
Reaction score
It is interesting that you say this. I think most us would like to have seen it and we can! There is a single cartoon made during the fifties in which Wyle E catches the roadrunner. Having achieved his goal he then lets him go. The fun can continue.

Wow. I've never seen nor heard of that one. I'd love to se it someday.

On a completely different note (non ACME?Coyote/Roadrunner). I just love the 'Barber of Seville' with Bugs and Elmer. In fact, I can trace my initial knowledge/exposure of Classical music to Bugs Bunny cartoons. I recognized the William Tell Overture the first time I heard an orchestra perform it when I was ~9 yrs old because I heard heard many of the parts on Bugs cartoons. Those people must have really like Rossini.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

I saw one where he finally caught the road runner but he had been shrunk down by running through pipes and was only big enough to grab the road runners ankle.

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wow. I've never seen nor heard of that one. I'd love to se it someday.

On a completely different note (non ACME?Coyote/Roadrunner). I just love the 'Barber of Seville' with Bugs and Elmer. In fact, I can trace my initial knowledge/exposure of Classical music to Bugs Bunny cartoons. I recognized the William Tell Overture the first time I heard an orchestra perform it when I was ~9 yrs old because I heard heard many of the parts on Bugs cartoons. Those people must have really like Rossini.

That was a great one. The hair growth tonic and then the lawn mower... great stuff.

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Looney Tunes were freakin brilliant. My age-old favorite is the Bugs / Gossamer (hairy monster in high-top sneakers) / Mad Scientist, with the ultimate ether-ending ... "Nighty night." "Good night Mr. Bun-ny Ra-bit?"

Monstors are such interesting people!

Dave

Shuto

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Link

Check this out. Coyote vs ACME.

excerpt

Mr. Coyote states that on eighty-five separate occasions he has purchased of the Acme Company (hereinafter, "Defendant"), through that company's mail-order department, certain products which did cause him bodily injury due to defects in manufacture or improper cautionary labelling. Sales slips made out to Mr. Coyote as proof of purchase are at present in the possession of the Court, marked Exhibit A. Such injuries sustained by Mr. Coyote have temporarily restricted his ability to make a living in his profession of predator. Mr. Coyote is self-employed and thus not eligible for Workmen's Compensation. Mr. Coyote states that on December 13th he received of Defendant via parcel post one Acme Rocket Sled. The intention of Mr. Coyote was to use the Rocket Sled to aid him in pursuit of his prey. Upon receipt of the Rocket Sled Mr. Coyote removed it from its wooden shipping crate and, sighting his prey in the distance, activated the ignition. As Mr. Coyote gripped the handlebars, the Rocket Sled accelerated with such sudden and precipitate force as to stretch Mr. Coyote's forelimbs to a length of fity feet. Subsequently, the rest of Mr. Coyote's body shot forward with a violent jolt, causing severe strain to his back and neck and placing him unexpectedly astride the Rocket Sled. Disappearing over the horizon at such speed as to leave a diminishing jet trail along its path, the Rocket Sled soon brought Mr. Coyote abreast of his prey. At that moment the animal he was pursuing veered sharply to the right. Mr. Coyote vigorously attempted to follow this maneuver but was unable to, due to poorly designed steering on the Rocket Sled and a faulty or nonexistent braking system. Shortly thereafter, the unchecked progress of the Rocket Sled brought it and Mr. Coyote into collision with the side of a mesa.

As the Court is no doubt aware, Defendant has a virtual monopoly of manufacture and sale of goods required by Mr. Coyote's work. It is our contention that Defendant has used its market advantage to the detriment of the consumer of such specialized products as itching powder, giant kites, Burmese tiger traps, anvils, and two-hundred-foot-long rubber bands. Much as he has come to mistrust Defendant's products, Mr. Coyote has no other domestic source of supply to which to turn. One can only wonder what our trading partners in Western Europe and Japan would make of such a situation, where a giant company is allowed to victimize the comsumer in the most reckless and wrongful manner over and over again. Mr. Coyote respectfully requests that the Court regard these larger economic implications and assess punitive damages in the amount of seventeen million dollars. In addition, Mr. Coyote seeks actual damages (missed meals, medical expenses, days lost from professional occupation) of one million dollars; general damages (mental suffering, injury to reputation) of twenty million dollars; and attorney's fees of seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars. Total damages: thirty-eight million seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars. By awarding Mr. Coyote the full amount, this Court will censure Defendant, its directory, officers, shareholders, successors, and assigns, in the only language they understand, and reaffirm the right of the individual

hong kong fooey

Black Belt
Reaction score
thats great I never knew they actully made a catalog. well its a fake catalog but heck it's funny brings me back to the old days

Latest Discussions