WWE Fires Jim Ross

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://www.pwinsider.com/article/80...st-jim-ross-deserved-better-from-wwe.html?p=1

Yesterday afternoon, I was spending time with my wife to celebrate her birthday when the news broke that Jim Ross "retired" from WWE. My first thought was that I hoped he was in good health and that wasn't the reason for his sudden departure. After finding out that his health was fine, I started getting angry. really angry.
Let's be clear hear, Ross' recent actions were not those of a man who was ready to move on from WWE. He has been involved heavily in developing new talent in Florida with NXT. He continually worked as a goodwill conduit for WWE on his own personal website. He was in attendance at SummerSlam less than a month ago, representing and working with the promotion. He was not a man on his way out. He was still an integral part of the company.
And therein lies my problem with this ridiculous situation.

Ross is one of those guys who is loyal to the core....he'll stand by the company even while the company is giving him the shaft. He deserves better than he's gotten.

sfs982000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I was reading about that as well, from what I heard it had alot to do with Vince McMahon being upset with Ross about not cutting Ric Flair off during a event at the SummerSlam weekend to promote the new video game coming out. Considering how beloved J.R. is in the business I think being relegated to babysitting another adult is a slap in the face. I think WWE is shooting themselves in the foot with this decision.

Scott T

Brown Belt
Reaction score
TNA bound? He did originally jump ship from NWA to the then-WWF a couple of decades ago...

Latest Discussions