Wright or wrong

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When you get done with practice do you feel the material you have been tought that day is wrong or right?
If you feel it is wrong what was wrong the actual technique or the way it was tought?
Terry

Fluffy

Black Belt
Reaction score
If I have any questions, my instructor is more than happy to answer them. If I feel they are wrong I can tell him that and he has the opportunity to show me why he is correct.

cbursk

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Terry, I've seen it both ways - too many times. Things being taught wrong and things being taught improperly. As an instructor myself, I am constantly looking at the items I am teaching and try to make sure that I am presenting it in a way the the current audience can relate - things need to be presented differently to a white belt class than an advance class full of reds and black belts.

The real dangers we run into is when certain instructors start presenting material that they really don't understand and if not corrected quickly they can start to believe that they do understand it. To often I see advanced students and even instructors who are not taking the time to examine/question what they have taught so that they can truly make it their own.

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
When you get done with practice do you feel the material you have been tought that day is wrong or right?
If you feel it is wrong what was wrong the actual technique or the way it was tought?
Terry

You know I have been taught my cirriculum in the aspect that I can see where things fit and why some things are done a certain way.

Latest Discussions