Wow we could use more of this huh?

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
A bit classier than recreations of Thriller. I didn't dislike the Sound of Music, I LOATHED Julie Andrews. DIAF type loathing

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would have loved to have seen that :)

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I find that disturbing. Maybe it's because I never liked that Sound Of Music.

I never like the Sound of Music either. I not a big "musical" fan in general, but that was cool! I loved the look on peoples faces in the crowd. :D

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
Interesting. I wouldn't mind having seen that in person and I'm generally not one for that kind of publicity stunt. Not a fan of the pop-culture "improvement" they made to the song right in the middle, though. Can't we leave some things well enough alone without having to pretend that crappy rap type music improves all things?

Pax,

Chris

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Id call that more a techno-remix than rap.

I've always said the world would be a happier place if people would just sporadically break out into song and dance numbers.

:p

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As to the train station performance - I love these kinds of things, would love to see one in person or be a part of one. A break in the humdrummery.

As to the musical - I loved it! You find unexpected paths lain before you in life and rather than run from them, run TO them. Music speaks to all of us. I don't think I've ever met a single person in my 43 years who said, "I *loathe* music" without some kind of qualification; for instance, "I loathe country music" or "I hate rap." Everyone, I think, can appreciate the magic that music creates in and around us, it's just a matter of what genre speaks to you personally. Music represents love and life in that musical/movie. It brought people together, healed hearts, saved lives.

It's a far cry from a Sisters of Mercy concert, but ... ain't it all?

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That was fun. I was kind of apathetic about The Sound of Music until I went to Salzburg and got to see some of the locations that were used in the making of the musical. Unfortunately, the fountain that Maria dances around and sticks her hand in was boarded up for repairs when I was there. Also, the scene where they hide behind the grave headstones was filmed in a studio and not the actual cemetary. At the cemetary the headstones are too close to the wall to hide behind.

Latest Discussions