Would you train with Jimmy Pedro?

S

stanley neptune

Jimmy Pedro just opened a new school not far from where I live. I am not interested in sport Judo but I think the art has some pretty good self defense applications. It looks like a lot of what you learn is portable to other arts and may complement aikido or ju jitsu.

Plus it looks like a great work out. I read an article that Jimmy authored about conditioning and he is in to some heavy duty work outs.

If you had the opportunity would you train with him?

Stanley Neptune

OP
M

Mwolfe

If I was still into competitive tournaments, yes. I'm not sure about self-defense aspects from him.

jeffbeish

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Why not? I trained with the visiting 1968 USA Olympic Judo Team at Kittyhawk Judo club. Hum, that was a few years ago! I was not quite 30 years old! :boing2:

Many of you may remember that our 1968 Olympic Judo Team was put on hold due to some problem fitting Judo into that Olympics. Guess they had wait. :redcaptur

Oh well, you think Jimmy would take it easy on an old fart?

OP
W

whackjob-san

I've worked out with him several times, he's awesome. I strongly encourage you to take the opportunity, whether you're looking for combat or sport judo training he has a tremendous amount of knowledge and will surely whip you into shape if nothing else!

jeffbeish

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Darn, the only names I cam remember of the 1968 Olympic Judo Team was Rene Zeilenburg and Paul Marayama. They were tough dudes. I had to bow out and watch, had a paying job and they didn't like me getting hurt :)

Jeff

Latest Discussions