World Combat League

kenpo0324

Purple Belt
Reaction score
CROWNING AMERICA'S TOUGHEST CITY
What city can boast that it has America's toughest martial arts fighters? That question will be answered in 2006, with the debut of the World Combat League!

The World Combat League (WCL) is an original brainchild of the action film and television star Chuck Norris. Mr. Norris has brought together the world's most experienced martial arts producers to make the vision become reality. Norris Family Films and the USI companies (ISKA and ISKA Entertainment), with Chuck Norris as the creative head, have joined together to present the next major American sporting league, and the next generation of martial arts combat.

www.worldcombatleague.com

mj_lover

Blue Belt
Reaction score
this gonna be a world wide event, or just american? could be good

OP
kenpo0324

kenpo0324

Purple Belt
Reaction score
EXPANSION
Who's the Toughest Nation?

Thailand? New Zealand? South Africa? Germany? Or can America claim the coveted title, "The World's Toughest Nation?"

The natural evolution of the World Combat League project will lead to this exciting team event being contested literally around the globe. The popularity of the fighting sports in Europe, Asia, and South America exceed even here in the United States.

The ISKA's network of international promoters will be given the opportunity to embrace the future of combative sports by developing their own national teams. Teams that achieve national recognition here in the U.S. will be chosen to represent the "stars and bars" on the worldwide stage.

Who is the world's toughest nation? The future will tell!

ginshun

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
So is this going to be just another Pride / UFC / K-1 / whatever, or is it somehow different?

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
It sounds like K1 as a team event, and it sounds like the teams will have multiple members in different weight classes, so fighters can't gear their training toward one guy. I would prefer a third three minute round (like K1), but if it will be teams, I can see the need for quick matches. I hope they include leg kicks, I don't like the standard American kickboxing matches.

Lamont

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Martial arts should not be "who's the toughest"? This is just another money making venture.

The toughest? The one who can walk away! Awareness, avoidance, and be a good person.................Aloha

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Looks to me like it is just a team version of the other fighting tourneys.

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
still learning said:
Hello, Martial arts should not be "who's the toughest"? This is just another money making venture.

The toughest? The one who can walk away! Awareness, avoidance, and be a good person.................Aloha

I agree. What an original idea by Mr.Norris who has once again found another avenue of revenue off of the martial arts. When will he just go away?

In the spirit of Bushido!

Rob

F

first123class

I guess he is making money, but he is also giving us the exitement that we want. I am all for it. Can't wait for it to come out.

Peace.

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
first123class said:
I guess he is making money, but he is also giving us the exitement that we want. I am all for it. Can't wait for it to come out.

Peace.

What is so entertaining and exciting about this? Have we not seen enough of this in the UFC and K-1? Is this really the image we want the martial arts to be portrayed in? We complain how the martial arts are not in the main stream. Did we ever stop and think for a moment that one of the reasons we are not main stream is that people do not want to watch two guys bash eachothers heads in? People will say that UFC and K-1 are martial arts. We could argue that all day and night what the true definition of martial arts is. But think for a moment do we want programs like this representing the martial arts as a whole? I myself do not. I would rather be out of the stream than to be represented by programs like the previous ones listed and the one that Mr.Norris is planning. This is beginning to remind me of the old days of Rome with the gladiators. The more blood people wanted the more gladiator wars they hosted. Seems funny that we call ourselves civilized and yet we put two men in a cage and offer prize money to the one who can beat the other to a bloody pulp.

Rob

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
I'd much rather have K-1/MMA representing "martial arts as a whole" than a touchy-feely new age aikido school with a sign saying "the path to enlightenment is paved in one inch mats" (I saw that once).

Lamont

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
Blindside said:
I'd much rather have K-1/MMA representing "martial arts as a whole" than a touchy-feely new age aikido school with a sign saying "the path to enlightenment is paved in one inch mats" (I saw that once).

Lamont

Lamont I am not saying I want that either but I do not think that the extreme other end of the spectrum is right either. Mr.Norris is just trying to re-invent the wheel. There is nothing ground breaking here wouldn't you agree?

Rob

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
I agree there isn't anything groundbreaking here, so I have a hard time getting all worked up about it. But I'd rather see events that pushed the martial arts back toward realistic application rather than the oodles and oodles of no-touch kiddie karate schools that we now see.

There is an argument that k1/Pride/UFC/boxing etc etc aren't "real," but they are a heck of alot more real than most current martial artists can deal with.

Lamont

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
chinto01 said:
What is so entertaining and exciting about this? Have we not seen enough of this in the UFC and K-1? Is this really the image we want the martial arts to be portrayed in? We complain how the martial arts are not in the main stream. Did we ever stop and think for a moment that one of the reasons we are not main stream is that people do not want to watch two guys bash eachothers heads in? People will say that UFC and K-1 are martial arts. We could argue that all day and night what the true definition of martial arts is. But think for a moment do we want programs like this representing the martial arts as a whole? I myself do not. I would rather be out of the stream than to be represented by programs like the previous ones listed and the one that Mr.Norris is planning. This is beginning to remind me of the old days of Rome with the gladiators. The more blood people wanted the more gladiator wars they hosted. Seems funny that we call ourselves civilized and yet we put two men in a cage and offer prize money to the one who can beat the other to a bloody pulp.

Rob
I think I agree, so I am going to found the World Kata League, where teams of martial artists form around the country will compete to see who can ... aww you get it must I go on LOL

Latest Discussions