Working in favor or against your natural gifts

OP
M

MartialArtist

I'm not acusing you of anything... Just the way I interpret your posts... I think it was the:
Where is the fun in that???
post that led me to that direction, unless you were joking.

No, you weren't boasting, but it's that I've seen people who just do the MA just to fight, and that's not the reason. If one thing MA teaches you, you run when you can. I understand your "what's the fun in that" statement, as I've gone through that stage myself. At my age, I'm still stuck in that mentality of pride.

You are in the US Army? Enslited or comissioned? Infantry, cavalry, pilot, engineer, medic, etc.?

OP
Z

zen_hydra

Where is the fun in that???

Yes, it was a joke. While I do love a good fight, my years of scrapping for no good reason are behind me. I have been in a couple of fights that started off as just a couple of guys throwing fists, and it suddenly erupted into all knives and guns. That kind of situation is not one I care to hang around in (and I can beat feet with the best of them). Sometimes, in life, you get backed into a corner with no place to run, and if you can't fight it's over. Otherwise, why would anyone study self-defense, and not just spend time doing sprints?

You are in the US Army? Enslited or comissioned? Infantry, cavalry, pilot, engineer, medic, etc.?

I am an enlisted soldier, currently stationed at Ft Sam Houston, TX. I am work in public affairs, and information management (AG).

Latest Discussions