Women in Krav Maga

LilDaemon

White Belt
Reaction score
Are there any women in here that are studying Krav Maga? I'd like to hear your experiences with it, and your recommendations.

zen4me

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I have been studying KM since September 07. Not very long and my first introduction to any form of MA (though at my school we're very adamant about not calling KM an art).

I love KM and encourage everyone I talk with to try it out. Keep in mind that like all MA schools, YMMV in regards to quality.

Anything in particular you want to know about?

OP
LilDaemon

LilDaemon

White Belt
Reaction score
Is it difficult to pick up? When do you start sparring? How rough is it on newcomers?

I want to learn it, but I"m also worried about getting hurt unnecessairily.

zen4me

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Is it difficult to pick up? When do you start sparring? How rough is it on newcomers?

I want to learn it, but I"m also worried about getting hurt unnecessairily.

That's the beauty of Krav, it's simple to pick up. We don't start actually sparring until Level 2, some schools may be different though. Roughness wise, for the first few weeks you will probably feel like a train has run you over if you aren't relatively fit. At my school, they work you like crazy.

Best advice would be to go watch a class or two, talk with the Instructors and then decide for yourself.

OP
LilDaemon

LilDaemon

White Belt
Reaction score
sweet :D I know there is an emphasis on expediency in the training, but I didn't want to get thrown into sparring too quickly.

Will do :D

Latest Discussions