Woman Missing Since 14 Found!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
So there's hope afterall. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060323/ap_on_re_us/missing_girl_found
So many children on this site http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=usMapSearch&missState=PA
and this woman was on it. She "escaped" by telling a convience store owner who she really was and thus is now reunited with her family after ten years. A school security guard kept her prisoner and brainwashed her so she wouldn't escape. Irony of it all her parents lived not more than two miles away, a short walk. Four years he kept her in the house before building enough trust in his system to let her go to the store(s) or whatever. It's a wonder that no-one saw/recognized her even after all that time.
The kidnapper's family (parents) were along with this scheme as well. Not commenting to news reporters when they called.
Every parents' nightmare, this family has a lot of healing to do.
Still there are hundreds if not thousands of children missing. Thanks to the convience store owner who called it in, this girl can be removed from the list.
A light in a dark world. Happy endings I suppose... I still think about the missing however.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What a wonderful blessing.
Thanks for the enlighting story Ma-Caver
Terry

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
WOW!! I wonder how many others are still out there, convinced of the same kind of thing - that they are not wanted, not loved?

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Kach wasn't being held against her will, Moffat said, but Hose used "mind games" to control what she wore and where she went and to convince her that her parents, who are now divorced, didn't care about her. He said the girl had help changing her appearance shortly after she disappeared but wouldn't elaborate.
"I don't think you'll find anybody in these United States who says she was held against her will," Ecker said.
Allegheny County Police Superintendent Charles Moffatt said Kach wasn't allowed out of the house for the first four years she lived with Hose in a home he shared with his parents since 1996. She was made to stay in the bedroom when visitors were over.
Huh? It does sound like she was forced against her will, at least mentally/emotionally. I can't say I agree with Ecker's comment.

- Ceicei

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, One day we will have a devise to implant in our kids (GPS) and indenty chip and have it till they are 18 years old. Volunteer program.

If they had this now! I would pay to have it install and monitor.(for my kids). Anyone out there with the knowledge and business to do this? It could help prevent some of the missing person (kids).

The army and police departments could have there people implanted too?

Some cars and chevys have GPS in them, and cell phones too?

One day every working person will have a devise on them? " Ah" nothing like the boss knowing where you are? ...Im working? .....Aloha

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I agree with Ceicei that I too cannot agree with Ecker's assessment that she was held against her will. She was a MINOR and didn't have her parent's consent to be with this man for such a prolonged period of time. It truly puzzles me that a girl 14 yrs of age would've figured something was wrong after the first few days/weeks and certianly would've missed her parents enough to even try to see/contact them if only to confirm for herself her kidnapper's story. True, depressed, feeling confused and thinking unloved and all of that can assist the kidnapper's brainwashing that she's unloved and that he was the only one who really cared about her. Sure he cared... enough to have sex with her. IMO this Ecker fella is an idiot.

Lojacking people? I say definitely and emphatically NO! Even if for the purpose to ID missing children and such. It's one more step towards an uncertian future in which people would abuse such devices. Am I being paranoid... probably so, probably not. It's terrible that these children are missing and the anguish of the parents I can appreciate (if not totally understand or empathize with... because I have none of my own).
But it's easy to forget that one is lojacked and that kind of power can be abused. There are ID chips that are implanted in some children via fillings in their teeth. I think that would be preferable than putting a chip in the body (hand or forehead). We need to be very careful about such things.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My teenage autistic son and some alzheimers patients around here wear a satellite tracking device from Project Lifesaver. It's not an implant to be sure, but, if they get lost on their own and don't remove the bracelet (like a hospital bracelet) they can be located to within 1 foot.

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
My teenage autistic son and some alzheimers patients around here wear a satellite tracking device from Project Lifesaver. It's not an implant to be sure, but, if they get lost on their own and don't remove the bracelet (like a hospital bracelet) they can be located to within 1 foot.
There ya go... much better.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
still learning said:

Sweet! Then a technologically advanced adversary could hack in, collect data, and aim artillery with pinpoint accuracy!

Lamont

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
Remember Jim Jones?... He got thousands of grown adults to drink "death" punch! I am sure there are impressionable teens that can be psychologically manipulated. We should not jump to any conclusions on this one.

There is also something called Stockholm syndrome.

http://ask.yahoo.com/20030324.html

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
still learning said:
Hello, One day we will have a devise to implant in our kids (GPS) and indenty chip and have it till they are 18 years old. Volunteer program.

If they had this now! I would pay to have it install and monitor.(for my kids). Anyone out there with the knowledge and business to do this? It could help prevent some of the missing person (kids).

Some cars and chevys have GPS in them, and cell phones too?

One day every working person will have a devise on them? " Ah" nothing like the boss knowing where you are? ...Im working? .....Aloha
You should read George Orwell's 1984. You would be a model citizen for INSOC. ;)

Latest Discussions