Woman Claims She Was Raped by Libyan Troops

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or Egypt, Shesulsa, considering what happened to the western female news reporter by the men in the square. That story went silent pretty fast.

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I wish I could find it now, but there was another great article a couple weeks ago on how this is the ultimate demonstration on how NOT to do PR. The Libyan gummit could have buried the story very effectively as soon as she walked into that hotel simply by setting up an interview and letting her talk. No giant scene, no smashed cameras, no bag placed over anyone's head in the presence of the media. By making themselves look reasonable they would have cast a lot of doubt on her and that would have been that.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I wish I could find it now, but there was another great article a couple weeks ago on how this is the ultimate demonstration on how NOT to do PR. The Libyan gummit could have buried the story very effectively as soon as she walked into that hotel simply by setting up an interview and letting her talk. No giant scene, no smashed cameras, no bag placed over anyone's head in the presence of the media. By making themselves look reasonable they would have cast a lot of doubt on her and that would have been that.

That is usually the case, the bigger stink you raise about an issue, the more attention it gets.
or the more you try to cover it up.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That is usually the case, the bigger stink you raise about an issue, the more attention it gets.
or the more you try to cover it up.
Yeah true, consider the attitude of the general male population towards women. The extreme muslim ideal of a woman. So if a woman tries to create a stink then she's oppressed harshly, quickly and made an example of so the next woman won't try to do the same thing. That kind of thinking overshadows tact and being discreet.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So do y'all think she was bribed, threatened or both?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Good question.

Let off the hook...since she does not seem to retract the story

Latest Discussions