Wing Chun Tattoo?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
The original post was made a little over three years ago, so I'd say it's extremely unlikely that they'll see your reply.
So let's turn this into a more generic MA-themed tattoo thread...
Dragon Tattoo.JPG

My right arm.
My left has a SCUBA-themed tattoo.
SCUBA Tattoo.jpg

avengingbeagle

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I wouldn't use the characters for reasons already listed here and the cliche of it.

I like the snake/crane idea that was mentioned. What about a Shaolin nun in a kung fu stance haha?

I'm sure plenty of people do the crossed butterfly swords, or some variation. A silhouette of someone in a stance with a long pole could be cool.

All that said: I'm not a fan of tattoos at all. I personally think they're kinda trashy and I'm not sure what purpose they serve anymore. That said, do whatever you want. I'm just trying to tell you to take my suggestions with a grain of salt.

*edit* just realized how old this thread is. I'll let my comment stand for conversation.

Marnetmar

Black Belt
Reaction score
I know a guy who got the characters tattooed on his chest and it just made him look like a piece of white trash.

If you're gonna get tats, save up and get something like what Treznor posted. I think I'm going to steal his idea, in fact.

Treznor

White Belt
Reaction score
I know a guy who got the characters tattooed on his chest and it just made him look like a piece of white trash.

If you're gonna get tats, save up and get something like what Treznor posted. I think I'm going to steal his idea, in fact.

To be fair, that's how I ended up with it. I searched the web for certain ideas (started with dragons, but decided against that cos I've got one on the other arm... then moved on to cranes)... I found someone with this and really liked it. It also helped that it's the only one my other half liked as well :-D