Wing Chun-Poon Sao

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What the heck is that noise? Is there a compressor chugging away just off-screen ... or maybe the "African Queen" putt-putting up a river channel nearby?

Anyway, I think this demo would work better visually if both participants were of equal size. As it is, it doesn't appear surprising that the smaller guy can easily be bounced back.

Also, it does look as though he is leaning forward most of the time even before you mentioned the danger of excessive forward lean. And rocking too, or pulsing his energy forward at the top of each roll. This gives the defender/receiver a lot to work with if he turns or slips aside and the guy pressing and leaning may literally fall into a counterattack.

So is this the way you guys normally roll or just a specific drill?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
futsaowingchun

futsaowingchun

Black Belt
Reaction score
What the heck is that noise? Is there a compressor chugging away just off-screen ... or maybe the "African Queen" putt-putting up a river channel nearby?

Anyway, I think this demo would work better visually if both participants were of equal size. As it is, it doesn't appear surprising that the smaller guy can easily be bounced back.

Also, it does look as though he is leaning forward most of the time even before you mentioned the danger of excessive forward lean. And rocking too, or pulsing his energy forward at the top of each roll. This gives the defender/receiver a lot to work with if he turns or slips aside and the guy pressing and leaning may literally fall into a counterattack.

So is this the way you guys normally roll or just a specific drill?

Sorry about the noise. It's a public park there is always something going on. I'm a big guy and the other guy is from mainland China so he's like average size,no this is not normally how we roll.We have a few ways this is just like prep work for chi sao. If your structure is good the size wont matter. I can easily push someone 50lbs heavier then me over. in the video im using like 2% of my effort.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Discussions