"Wing Chun" energy

bcbernam777

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Greetings.

So in many instances... the generation of power is not the problem... the TRANSFERENCE of energy and force is...

Hope that makes sense.

Juan M. Mercado

True which is the key reason for the importance of unity of structure

brocklee

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Theres a nice story behind the snake and crane. Doesn't really have to do with forms like other kung fu styles that are based off of animal forms. Has to do with the simple concepts. Crane rotates on center axis and deflects snake's attack with wing. The snake had stayed coiled and used a spring like tension to launch his attacks. Also, snake had something to do with foot work. Not too sure though.

Many variations to the story.

DaveyBoy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Theres a nice story behind the snake and crane. Doesn't really have to do with forms like other kung fu styles that are based off of animal forms. Has to do with the simple concepts. Crane rotates on center axis and deflects snake's attack with wing. The snake had stayed coiled and used a spring like tension to launch his attacks. Also, snake had something to do with foot work. Not too sure though.

Many variations to the story.

That story seems to tie in nicely with the "circles for defence, triangles/straight lines for attack" principles that some Wing Chun lineages employ. Nice.

The snake footwork sounds kinda ironic given the number of feet that snakes have - sounds more applicable to grappling to me
icon7.gif
!

brocklee

Purple Belt
Reaction score
That story seems to tie in nicely with the "circles for defence, triangles/straight lines for attack" principles that some Wing Chun lineages employ. Nice.

The snake footwork sounds kinda ironic given the number of feet that snakes have - sounds more applicable to grappling to me
icon7.gif
!

I do know that we have a footwork that acts like the snake slithers. Your foot shoots out down the centerline while barely grazing the floor. As your leg reaches full extension, you foot sweeps to the outward side of the center line and then the back leg follows.

I believe thats the foot work thats implied.

snails have feet :D http://www.gireaud.net/us/escargot_anatomie_us.htm

Latest Discussions