Wing Chun Dummy/Kicks in Wing Chun

monkey

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I see what you say on there but still hard or soft-nothing to do with gender.Lots of females in karate-tkd-ect & lots in taichi-ect.How hard you punch or kick will not chance the fact.The gender is not the factor as to who can or cant.That has to do will body structor.Can they do the art male or female.

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
fightingfat said:
He's one of our guys!!

Come on now peeps, there's enough Kensai to go round for everyone. ;) Seriously, I've asked my sifu, and he said he had the details of somewhere he recommended. I couldn't go last night, so haven't got them as a result. I'm open to suggestions tbh. If we took the dummy to NZ we'd have to pay for the cost of transporting it, but they could be quite pricey there... Hmmm.....

monkey

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Here a note on the Wood Dummies for you as (diferant ones Ive worked out on) 1-the first was a regular wit some adaptation from Bruce Lee & having a head added to it.2-next was the manfotjong 1001 way by James Lee having interchangeable parts.3-The teikenbow or Iron palm bag with a single arm from a dummy.4-there was a spinning dummy (much like the standard but a little smaller & had ceiling suports from top & 1 from floor.This gave it the ability to rotate & be more interactive.5-simular to the 4th the next was side suspended so it was just off the floor enough to do wing chun or any other type ground work.6- was my favorate -it not only had a spring load so when you hit it-it spun around to react & give you a counterable situation.

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
fightingfat said:
He's one of our guys!!

Our guys? Is that as in england or your wing chun collective? Nice avatar by the way.

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
monkey said:
Here a note on the Wood Dummies for you as (diferant ones Ive worked out on) 1-the first was a regular wit some adaptation from Bruce Lee & having a head added to it.2-next was the manfotjong 1001 way by James Lee having interchangeable parts.3-The teikenbow or Iron palm bag with a single arm from a dummy.4-there was a spinning dummy (much like the standard but a little smaller & had ceiling suports from top & 1 from floor.This gave it the ability to rotate & be more interactive.5-simular to the 4th the next was side suspended so it was just off the floor enough to do wing chun or any other type ground work.6- was my favorate -it not only had a spring load so when you hit it-it spun around to react & give you a counterable situation.

All very interesting, i've seen a few varieties of dummy but you have to keep in mind what the dummy form is actually about before buying. As some of these dummies may have a useful gimmick in a general training sense but it may inhibit some of the nuances and ideas found within the form.

monkey

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Want to see some JKD & wing Chun go to search & type in monkey & see some of my 2004-6 seminars & more.!

fightingfat

Green Belt
Reaction score
Kensai said:
Come on now peeps, there's enough Kensai to go round for everyone. ;)

Alan- the guy who owns Pagoda, he trains with us!! I sell his dummies!!

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
fightingfat said:
Alan- the guy who owns Pagoda, he trains with us!! I sell his dummies!!

Ahh, cool, i never knew that.

OP
White Fox

White Fox

Orange Belt
Reaction score
So do you guys have any links to show the different kicks in Wing Chun? :asian: