Wiki's How to...

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well with reading material like this we are safe from every possible stituation. So I will tell all my students to go there and forget about training the pages speak the whole truth and I am not worthy to teach with such credible reading out there. Scarcasm is great is'nt it.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Actually recently talking to someone that was in many a street fight, his strategy was that who ever presented themselves as a threat... he attacked.

Not what I would recommend but it worked for him

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for the links Lisa.

Some of the info I found helpful:

Be aware of your surroundings
Know the weapon (knife/gun)
RUN!

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
Actually recently talking to someone that was in many a street fight, his strategy was that who ever presented themselves as a threat... he attacked.

Not what I would recommend but it worked for him

Ahh...the whole "aggressive/passive" strike-back-first philosophy :)

OP
Lisa

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My worry is that there is someone out there that will read these and "practice" them in front of a mirror or in his back yard and think he is ready for an altercation. Then get himself beat but good when things don't stick to the plan.

On the other hand, there is a "How to make a Marshmellow Gun" that looks very interesting and I think I will have to give it a try this summer. :D

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It is reassuring to see that what many of us have spent so long studying can now be learned on line in several different locations...how convenient!

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Very generic advice!
Generic, and in some instances dangerous. Here's part of the handgun disarm info.
Be aware of the basic steps to disarm an opponent with a firearm

1. Move yourself out of the discharge line of the weapon. Step off the line of attack or redirect the attack of the weapon so that it clears the body. A step toward the side that the gun is being held (firing side) is best. It is slower for a man to aim to the firing side of his body than to the support side.
  2. Control the weapon. Maintain control of the attackers arm by securing the weapon, hand, wrist, elbow, or arm by using joint locks, if possible.
  3. Counter-attack. Your counterattack should be swift and effective. Break a locked joint of the attacking arm, strike to motor nerve centers, tear their skin, gouge their eyes, and attack the throat or genitals.
  4. Disarm the attacker. Break the attacker's locked joints. Use leverage or induce pain to disarm the attacker.
  5. Eliminate the threat. If you are trained in ground fighting pin your attacker. Unload and dispose of the weapon. Call for help. Run away, putting as many large objects between you and the attacker as possible
I bolded the info that I found most dangerous. Going to the ground in a disarm?! This single section alone is loaded with so much dangerous mis-information that it should be criminal. Having said that I am now off to create my own style of MA using just the info available on Wiki. Instead of aikido I'm gonna start studying wikido!:wink2:

Latest Discussions