Wich is Better Old UFC or the new UFC

OP
ace

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by chaosomega
I'm actually learning some aikido and (japanese) jujutsu techniques from my japanese friend to supplement my MMA training. I've even combined some streetfighting and aikido techniques to make this crazy armbar. This is why I like crosstraining- lots of possiblilities.

Bent or Straight in the the end this is what
Happens to the arm that is cought in the Submisson.

OP
ace

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by JDenz
The Japenese fighters use very unorthadox technique. Not that it helps them very much besides for sak. The K-1 guys are coming into Pride now and changing the striking seen a little bit.

Uno,Tamura & shoji all use unorthadox technique
With good sucess

J

JDenz

Ya I did forget about uno Tamura and shoji usally don't win when they are doing the unorthadox stuff lol.

C

chaosomega

Originally posted by ace
Bent or Straight in the the end this is what
Happens to the arm that is cought in the Submisson.

It is a straight armbar from the mount; if my opponent grabs my right wrist with his right hand, I use a reversal from aikido that allows me to grab his wrist and press his arm across his chest. I then apply pressure to his elbow with my knee and pull up on the wrist. I combined aikido which I leanred from a friend, and a street fighting tactic I learned when it was used on me by another friend. I have yet to test it though. Could be a load of crap. :p

don bohrer

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Both are great, but I would like to see a (no going to the ground) grappling version. I remember early on some crazy looking dude that did a front flip axe kick but missed. You won't see wild stuff like that anymore.

J

JDenz

watch a sak match or any of the guys from Takada Dojo they do drop kicks and everything they are wild.

Latest Discussions