Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chufeng

Can anybody here tell me why I should stay and interact with the members of this board?

I am sick and tired of the BS artsists who freequent this site because they can't get "slam-dunked"

I take folks at face value until proven otherwise...and lately there has been a lot of "until otherwise."

I do not want to waste my time on the predators...
I don't want to share information that they will take and claim as their own (because most everything I have to say comes from my teacher and his teacher, etc.)

Convince me to stay...or I'm checking out on Sunday...for real.

:asian:
chufeng

OP
S

SteelShadow

It will be a real shame to see you go.But who am I to convince you to stay when i myself am growing tired of this never ending squabling.I am honestly beggining to think that for the most part.Its done by people that enjoy bashing others for one reason or another.Or either they like to drudge up old things to bicker about while at the same time trying the whole time to say lets forget this then bring it up again.Its one thing to want to unearth frauds but its entirely diffrent to try to trash every new or hybrid system they see.this continuois bashing party is getting very old quickly...just my two cents worth....

OP
D

Disco

There is nothing I could say to sway you if you are convinced that you should go.......... EXCEPT!..............

To mine a diamond, you have to deal with the dirty work.

You'll never know if you'll find a diamond unless you keep digging.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We've never been of the opinion that this is the right site for everyone. Perhaps no one site could be--I certainly frequent E-Budo (as a lurker) and the Russian Martial Arts forum, for example. We are trying to set a certain 'feel' for this board. As Abraham Lincoln is reputed to have said in a book review, For those who like this sort of thing, this is the sort of thing they'd like. That's MartialTalk--if you like this sort of atmosphere, hopefully you'll find MartialTalk an excellent example of it. If you perfer the more academic and fraud-busting nature of E-Budo, then E-Budo is certainly a setrling example of such a site.

We would be delighted to have you stay and I hope you will, but we have no illusions and no pretensions that 'One size fits all' in this regard. Our focus is on friendly discussions of the martial arts--not of martial artists. This will continue to be our policy. Some will be pleased and some will not. Regrettably, I am not aware of a better solution than that. It's as hopeless to ask for one ultimate martial arts board, best for everyone, as it is to ask for one best martial art that is best for everyone.

Again, I certainly hope you'll stay, but I wish you good luck if you do not.

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by SteelShadow
It will be a real shame to see you go.But who am I to convince you to stay when i myself am growing tired of this never ending squabling.

We are trying to get a handle on that. Please, bear with us!

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by chufeng
Can anybody here tell me why I should stay and interact with the members of this board?

I am sick and tired of the BS artsists who freequent this site because they can't get "slam-dunked"

I take folks at face value until proven otherwise...and lately there has been a lot of "until otherwise."

I don't want to share information that they will take and claim as their own (because most everything I have to say comes from my teacher and his teacher, etc.)

chufeng

I understand the part about "what or how much" you will share. I expressed something similar in the past about revealing that which I considered to "set my art apart" from the rest. And the Yili guys along with others were quite opinionated about that subject.

So I'm going to tell you what I was told. There is nothing new out there. No new techniques, no new arts, "you can't re-invent the wheel." So you don't have anything that we don't already have access to if we really want it.:D

Personally, I've listened very clearly to yourself and Yiliquan1 and although I respect the two of you as well as your Sifu Starr, I am not all impressed with an art that is "based" so heavilly on defense. "You react to my reactions?" :confused:

I bit my tungue many a day when I heard this or that about JKD from your Yili buddy (who I would consider a friend).

Someday, you may understand what I'm saying, maybe you won't, dosen't matter. Either way I wish you the best!

Now it seems you have an issue or issues with one or more of the martial talkers. YOU need to address this person or persons, straight up, this is "your thread", USE IT!! Forget the feelings. Call them out and deal with it! :asian:

OP
M

MartialArtist

Originally posted by chufeng

chufeng
There will always be BS artists. However, most people can spot Bullshido people a mile away. Why should you stay? Because you aren't one of those people, and newcoming people would benefit from your input.

Zepp

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The woods of Marin County, California, USA
Chufeng,

Personally, I appreciate the information you put forth and I value your input. I'd miss it if you left, and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone.

My solution for dealing with BS artists on this board is simply to not take them seriously. I prefer to apply a part of the JKD philosophy to internet forums: "Absorb what is useful (or sometimes amusing), discard what isn't."

OP
C

chufeng

There is nothing new out there. No new techniques, no new arts, "you can't re-invent the wheel." So you don't have anything that we don't already have access to if we really want it.

Thanks for the reminder...

I was just blowing off some steam...this thread needn't continue...
Can we lock it before it gets out of hand?

chufeng

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Done. :)

Blowing off steam is good.... :)

Am also moving this to locker room for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions