Who's coming to the Cumann Bhata WMA Seminar?

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Who here is planning on coming to this year's Cumann Bhata Western Martial Arts Seminar?

Looks like a great instructor lineup this year, including new (to the CB WMA Semianr) Bob Charone, noted expert on Fiore's system.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

OP
lklawson

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Got a link to that? :)
Not to the current one. I don't think that Justin has made a web page for it yet.

But I can give you the details and links to the previous ones for informational purposes.

Date: June 7th and 8th.

Instructors:
Josh Little (teaching something in the Liechtenauer tradition)
Allen Reed (Ambushed and the big knife)
Kirk Lawson (the grappling of classic pugilism)
Bob Charon (something from Fiore)
Ken Pfrehnger (probably boxing or bata)
Dave Doyle (wrestling)
Mark Rainey (grappling and the Military Saber)
Justin White-Lowther (ims, Pallas Armas)
Randal Gustitis (if we can get ahold of him)

First year:
http://www.pareddown.com/cbwma/index.php

Second year:
http://www.swordforge.org/events/2006cb/overview.php

Last year:
http://www.swordforge.org/events/2007cb/overview.php

The event is designed for people who want to "taste" Western Martial Arts on a budget.

Every year there are classes in weapons and unarmed. Classes range from Dempsey Boxing to German Longsword, from Tomahawk to Jogo do Pau.

As long as it's Western in origin (more or less) it's fair game for consideration at the Seminar.

There are a fair number of very experienced martial artists who attend for no other reason then to taste something from a slightly different tradition.

It's not uncommon to have someone with a boat-load of German Rondel experience trying out Mendoza's Boxing, for instance, or for Wrestlers to pick up a Saber or Basket-hilted broadsword.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Dwight McLemore

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Instructors? What a list of thugs and gangsters.....! Oh well, My Kind of People . Since I was not invited, my feelings are going to be hurt for about 5 sec. Seriously I wish I was up to making this one. Hell, I'm missing ISMAC too. At any rate looks to be a great event with the regular WMA crowd. Hope you guys/gals have a great event.

All My Best.

Dwight

OP
lklawson

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Instructors? What a list of thugs and gangsters.....! Oh well, My Kind of People . Since I was not invited, my feelings are going to be hurt for about 5 sec. Seriously I wish I was up to making this one. Hell, I'm missing ISMAC too. At any rate looks to be a great event with the regular WMA crowd. Hope you guys/gals have a great event.
Well heck.

If we'd knowed you wuz interested, you'd have been on the list. :)

I guess we just figg'rd that you'd be constantly busy.

If you feel up to coming and just camping and spectatoriz'n the event, please do.

I'll make sure Ken gets you on the list for next year (you know how them shifty Irish are! [ducking]).

BTW, how's your recovery going?

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Dwight McLemore

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Thanks Kirk: Maybe next year. Recover is going well but slow just in the process of getting rid of those small sore spots. Should be up to speed by late August. Again, you guys have a great event this year.

Best
Dwight

Latest Discussions