Who were superior at combat in ancient times? The Japanese or the British?

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If they had ever fought against each other we would have an answer but they did not and we do not. All speculation as to which was better or which sword was better in battle is just that speculation based on simulated battle scenarios that we make up today

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
The Europeans also have king author and he has a table (not just any table) a round one

Japanese don't need no stinking round table, they can sit on the floor AND Japanese eat raw fish..... you don't see those mamby pamby knights doing that at their round table now do ya :uhyeah:

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
No, you got a point there, the knights just got their chairs and roast pig with the occasional roasting chicken :lfao:

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Japanese don't need no stinking round table, they can sit on the floor AND Japanese eat raw fish..... you don't see those mamby pamby knights doing that at their round table now do ya :uhyeah:

Now, now, I have it on the best of authorities that true knights could go a month without eating!

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
I believe this comes down to Godzilla vs Friar Tuck.

godzilla-2001.jpg
VS
Friar_Tuck.jpg

Looks pretty even.. could Tez with a golf club tip it in favor of the brits?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah but what about this

Did anybody else notice that right at the 1 min mark, Belushi actually hit the guy behind him in the cheek?

Yes, I watched it. I'm not proud of it, but I did.

Last edited by a moderator:

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
You don't have to feel ashamed, it was a funny video

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Really, theres no point in replying to anybody's post who pretends to be an expert.

Hong Kong Pooey

Blue Belt
Reaction score
So at an approximate time when the Japanese had the Samurai, Ninjas, and so forth and the British had the knight with broad sword shield and Armour.

It seems the Europeans where superior at war even back then, they had castles, archers, cavalry, and it just seemed larger scale, more advanced as a whole, and superior.

Although the Japanese had more advanced swords imo and made clever innovations, but as a whole I think they were inferior, when it came to war.

I don't know about the other Europeans, but you are correct in that the British were, and are, superior. Everyone knows that, right?

The samurai were mighty warriors but it doesn't matter if they rode tigers, lions, bears, rhinos, elephants, sharks or fire breathing dragons. The Brits would still win.

The above is scientifically proven fact, and the fact that I'm British in no way negates that or implies any bias ;)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know about the other Europeans, but you are correct in that the British were, and are, superior. Everyone knows that, right?

The samurai were mighty warriors but it doesn't matter if they rode tigers, lions, bears, rhinos, elephants, sharks or fire breathing dragons. The Brits would still win.

The above is scientifically proven fact, and the fact that I'm British in no way negates that or implies any bias ;)

Well you are British for now lol, if you are in Scotland you may wake up not British!
'British' however didn't mean a United Kingdom until the 18th century when all the countries were joined legally.

Hong Kong Pooey

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well you are British for now lol, if you are in Scotland you may wake up not British!
'British' however didn't mean a United Kingdom until the 18th century when all the countries were joined legally.

I'll definitely still be British tomorrow, I'm on the right side of Hadrian's wall :)

Hope the jocks don't go, but if they do vote to leave the UK, wouldn't they technically still be British? I mean this island we share is still Great Britain, no?

I know we're getting off topic now, but TS is banned (who could have seen that coming...) so does it really matter?

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
That's a shame, seemed like a nice person when he wasn't calling people trolls or idiots but rules are rules

Latest Discussions