Who says there's never a cop around when you need one?

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Police Officer Arrested in Woman's Bed
ARLINGTON, Va. (WUSA) -- Over the weekend, Arlington Police arrested a man -- who turned out to be a U.S. Capitol Police officer -- who was apparently 'sleeping it off' in a woman's bed. Police say the woman didn't know him and didn't know how he got into her apartment.

Gotta wonder a bit about this one... How'd he get in? Why'd he end up there? Lots of unanswered questions, and I suspect someone's been referred to the Employee Assistance Program.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Gotta wonder a bit about this one... How'd he get in? Why'd he end up there? Lots of unanswered questions, and I suspect someone's been referred to the Employee Assistance Program.

Happens more often than you might suspect. It's amazing how many people do not lock their doors. One night while doing dispatch work at a local PD, I got a call from a woman who lived (get this) in the apartment I had formerly lived in (I had gotten married and moved out a few months previously). She was calling because she heard some noise in the living room after she went to bed, got up, and discovered a nude woman sleeping on her couch. Seems some drunk woman had stumbled into her apartment on the wrong floor, stripped off, and passed out on the couch.

It wasn't the only call we got like that, it did happen from time to time.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes lock those doors people.
icon14.gif

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You know ... I was sitting here a couple of of weeks ago and some dude came up to my front door and tried to open it - just jiggled the knob and pushed the door a bit. It happens once in a while.

If he had entered he would have found me sitting here posting on Facebook. Whatever he would have done to me or to our possessions/property would have been called a crime of opportunity.

Don't give them the opportunity!

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You know ... I was sitting here a couple of of weeks ago and some dude came up to my front door and tried to open it - just jiggled the knob and pushed the door a bit. It happens once in a while.

If he had entered he would have found me sitting here posting on Facebook. Whatever he would have done to me or to our possessions/property would have been called a crime of opportunity.

Don't give them the opportunity!

I have seen guys walking down the street checking car doors (I called the police, of course). Most crooks are opportunists, as you say. They take whatever is easiest for them at the time. Don't make things easy.

You would be amazed how many cars are stolen from convenience store parking lots - left unattended with the doors unlocked and the motor running. "I was just in the store for a minute." Ah, yes, that makes perfect sense. Not. Of course, nowadays, some folks do that in hopes that the car will be stolen...but that's another issue.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There's trust and then there's stupidity.