Who Do You Follow

• Master Choi Jung Hwa

• General Choi

• Other (please name in a post)

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
K

kickyou

your popcorn is right here next to mine..From what I have been hearing it is going to get very interesting.Especially after the copy of "the fax" is posted from the fat scottsman and GM Sereff.I think it will be very enlightening to many..

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Could you post a link to this other board your talking about, I'm interested in what's going on even if I'm not affiliated with anyone right now.

:asian:

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I found the forum you were talking about and it had provided some interesting reading. Are there any web sites with any of this information on it? I'd like to know more.

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yes I did find some information at the web site where the forum is. It's interesting reading that the ITF has expelled Mr. Lang, Mr. Nunez and Mr. Steiner :shrug:
It also said the General had gone back to N. Korea on 5-12 and it sounded like he won't be around much longer then what's going to happen?

Ahh, politics, you got to love it. See I left Sereff because of politics back in 89, so I've only been following what's been going on by reading it in magazines or the web. It's disapointing to see all this going on though.

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Ya the ITF Vienna expelled alot of people..... but only after they already resigned months ago!! haha

Things are already getting crazy for ITF Vienna... last night someone from their side posted what is happening right now and it's exactly like we thought it would be...several groups within ITF Vienna all grasping for power now.

All I want is to teach and be left alone really... I like being part of something bigger than just me but...I just wish we didn't have all this insanity. I hope ITF Canada stays solid and pure.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

OP
K

kickyou

you think it is crazy on that board now just wait until that fax from Tom Mccallum finds its way onto the board when that happens the board is going to explode..

Yes unforunately the General does not have much longer..He has stomach cancer and it is terminal..From what I hear he is not doing well at all.He went back to North Korea so that he could be buried in his Homeland.It is unforunate that there will be such a feeding frenzy for his position when he is gone..Well I hope they atleast wait for him to be gone but from what I hear they are already starting like vultures circling their dying prey.

What I can't believe is that GM sereff actually thinks that he should be the next to lead the ITF especially after all of the threats he has made to the General about leaving if he did not get his way.He is right that there is a future for the ITF in the USA but it is with the other organizations who are all working together to further ITF TKD in the USA to promote TKD and its values with out all of the power being in one person but in a group of people of all ranks and backgrounds.

OP
T

ThuNder_FoOt

Very great point kickyou,

Its funny how many politics seem to divulge themselves in every aspect of the art. Along with ITF, i am also invovled in the ATA organization. The ATA Grandmaster Lee recently passed away, (may he rest in peace) and ATA has a board of masters whom appointed the new Grandmaster. From the sound of things, I believe that is the direction of the ITF. It would be most fair as well, I mean a democracy and all. It would also reduce the politics within a little bit.

Within the WTF organization, the president Un Yong Chong, is under surveillance for influencing the outcome of his son's, among others, status within the organization. I'm also involved in WTF, I currently teach in WTF style... and it seems that I can't escape the politics. I guess they just come with the art, i don't know.
Geez, it is times like these that make me ashamed to be a representative of TKD.... blasted politics.

Sorry for my rambling everyone.... you'll have to excuse me.

Latest Discussions