where were they?

msmitht

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
This past weekend was the jr. Pan ams and the pan am open in las vegas. Seemed like the us had more coaches than ever. Where was jean and juan? I was there for 4 days and never saw them. Aren't they the head coaches?did not see master jimmy kim either. Why were the nat head coaches not there? Anybody know?

RSweet

Blue Belt
Reaction score
This past weekend was the jr. Pan ams and the pan am open in las vegas. Seemed like the us had more coaches than ever. Where was jean and juan? I was there for 4 days and never saw them. Aren't they the head coaches?did not see master jimmy kim either. Why were the nat head coaches not there? Anybody know?

Maybe that is why there were more medals for the Juniors than the seniors who are 0-20 so far. I don't know why they were not there. Could be getting ready for Guadalajara or could be that jean is busy with his Olympic hopefuls from Brazil and Germany that he is training in Sugarland. Master Kim had just held his annual tournament that had more competitors than all three pan am events added together. Maybe he was tired. He is a great guy.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
The Jr. PanAm games and the Jr. PanAm Open is what was in LV. So the assistant USA coaches coached the Jr. Team and for the Jr. Open their own dojang coaches choched them as this was simply an open tournament for anyone up to 13. Two different tournaments going on at the same time. Now you will see the normal cast of characters at the actual PanAm games.

RSweet

Blue Belt
Reaction score
The Jr. PanAm games and the Jr. PanAm Open is what was in LV. So the assistant USA coaches coached the Jr. Team and for the Jr. Open their own dojang coaches choched them as this was simply an open tournament for anyone up to 13. Two different tournaments going on at the same time. Now you will see the normal cast of characters at the actual PanAm games.

Pan Am Games will be this weekend in Guadalajara

Last edited:

Latest Discussions