Where do you buy your MA equipment?

JoeW

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I am going to be looking to buy some good new sparring gear but I am torn on where to buy it. I was wondering where you guys/girls buy your stuff?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mostly from my local shop she always gives me and my school wholesale pricing and I love to sit there and talk with her.

OP
JoeW

JoeW

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I don't have any local MA equipment places.

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
I buy my stuff from KWON. www.kwonusa.com
When I order from Bold Look, they send me Macho equipment, which is just as good, but Bold Look has botched the last three orders I have made from them.

AoG

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have wholesale accounts setup with Bold Look, Macho, Century and XO Athletic. Bold Look mainly for apparel. XO Athletic for personal protection. Macho and Century for training equipment.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depending on the purpose, I usually order from either Macho (foam/light sparring gear) or Ringside (full contact gear). I've got wholesale accounts with both.

yumiko14

White Belt
Reaction score
I usually buy gear and such from awma.com. They have a good selection with everything. As for specific brands for gear, I usually buy the proforce lightning gear.

Pacificshore

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I've used several places over the years, and have wholesale accounts with companies like KWON and Tiger Claw. Depending on what I need at the time depends on who I go with, plus price will mostly be my bottom line as the quality run about the same for items like sparring gear.

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I get mostly century... although there have been several times they send me the wrong stuff. But, the fact that I can get it the day after ordering keeps me coming back.
I will NOT however order TKD chest protectors from them. The new style with the clip in the back is worthless in my opinion.
I really like ordering gear from Mooto and really like the personal treatment I get from the owner. I just wish it didn't take so long to receive my order.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If I need something I look on e-Bay............

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I use Sangmoosa.com mainly, but also Bold Look & Century on occassion.

I'm not a big fan of Bold Look's customer service.

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
My daughter has Century and I have ProForce (helmet, gloves and shoes). I bought both on Ebay. In fact, the Century gear would have been around $100 and I got it brand new for $39.95 + S&H. I got the new ProForce gear about $30 cheaper. It just depends, Ebay can really be a good bargain.

The Century gear is higher quality than the ProForce. The first time I put on the ProForce sparring shoes, I split them down the back (sweaty feet, but so what).

My dojang carries sparring gear but I recommend you check Ebay.

I'd recommend you get shin pads by the way. They run around $19.95 for the foam-covered ones. However, the cheaper cloth pads seems to work well and are faster to put on. You will find yourself blocking kicks with your shins on occasion or clashing and hitting shins - it hurts like hell. You can get nerve damage that lasts a long, long time which makes the damaged area numb yet very sensitive to pressure. Even a pants leg touching the area hurts. Also, it's very distracting to get hit in the shins.

http://sporting-goods.search.ebay.com/sparring-gear_Protective-Gear_W0QQsacatZ36282

There are some steals right now - http://cgi.ebay.com/Macho-Sparring-...ryZ36282QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

llewis823

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
We do not have any m.a. supply stores anywhere even close to St. Louis, MO (except in-dojo stores which are usually outrageously expensive). Our school (and me, individually as well) orders from awma.com too. Good quality, good service and good prices. I agree w/Lynne in getting shin guards. I bought some and did not put them on one night in class. I ended up getting kicked in the same spot on the same shin twice and that was 2 months ago - the bruising and pain finally went away but it took over a month. And I still have a knot on tha spot on my shin. Don't just buy them - Wear those shin guards!

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
If you're local to Woburn. MA...try Oriental Gateway......Have bought stuff there for years.....

Latest Discussions