Where did all of the 10 mm ammo go?

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just curious to see if anyone has seen any recent full power 10 mm hollowpoint offerings from the major manufacturers?

It seems that the only one left out there that's readily available is the tried and true 175 grain Winchester Silvertip (1290 fps, 175 grain bullet), along with the folks from Double Tap.

Hudson69

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Just curious to see if anyone has seen any recent full power 10 mm hollowpoint offerings from the major manufacturers?

It seems that the only one left out there that's readily available is the tried and true 175 grain Winchester Silvertip (1290 fps, 175 grain bullet), along with the folks from Double Tap.

I haven't really seen any anywhere. I think that the success of the .40, the shorter version of the more powerful 10mm, has really affected the 10mm market. 10mm is a little too strong for most casual shooters so there isn't a market for it.

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
One of the gun rags just did an article on the 10 a few months back. Had a lot of info about current ammo manufacturers. I'll see if I can dig it out of the stack some time tonight.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
American Handgunner, 2010 Special Edition, Vol. 67. PP64, "The 10mm, Returning to the Mainstream?"

The brands they list: Double Tap, Glaser (Blue and Silver), Winchester, Buffalo Bore, Hornady, American Eagle, Cor Bon, Federal, CCI/Speer, PMC, Blazer, Remington, and UMC.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Skpotamus

Brown Belt
Reaction score

http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php?caliber=10mm

Hornaday XTPs are about all I can find

Latest Discussions